Monday, March 13, 2006

monday

We had huge storms last night, a lof of thunder and lightening.  AND wind!  Lots of wind.  My morning was made even more joyous by my darling husband.  He's been off for a week and will most likely be off this week too.  All the rain has made the ground really too wet to work.  Liz's boyfriend is home from college and of course they want to spend time together.  And since my husband is bored he is fixated on them....how much time they spend together, where they go, what they do.  He blew his stack  right before I went to work.  He misread a premissions slip Liz had so Mike can go to her dance this Saturday.  He was on a roll so he kept rolling. 

By the time I got back from my am route he had found something to do.  He decided he better cool it with the griping.  He was messing with his Motorcycle that is sitting in the garage needing brakes and a few other things.  This is his mission for the week, thank GOD!  He found somebody to help him put it back together.  He found something to do other than complaining.  Give me a break.  I am sorry the kid is a girl.  If she was a boy he'd be a-ok with anything she did.  But daddy's are way more protective of girls.  At least Mike's a good kid, and so is Liz.

So he stopped complaining.

Good thing because I was just getting ready to write a list of things that could fill his time!

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can he paint? I could keep him busy for weeks!!

And did he ever stop to think that his boy were doing things with someone else's daughter? Boys need to be watched the same as girls do :)

xoxo

Anonymous said...

MEN, UGH.  
Rick went back to work today and he hasnt shut up since he got home today. I have my own issues so i wish he would go somewhere. LOL
I feel your pain Rose. I hope your hubby gets out of Liz's hair and yours too.
LOVE,lisa

Anonymous said...

Fathers are protective of their daughters......so true. But that's a good thing. Some dads don't care at all. But I hear ya! LOL!
Angela

Anonymous said...

Yeah make a list, put him to work. Paula

Anonymous said...

I think I'd make that list and have it ready the next time he started complaining. LOL.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

Dad's are like that I guess,Al worked away and was only home on weekends so our three daughters just had me and I believed everything they told me. Oh well
they all tirned out fine. It is hard with men home all the time.
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

Oh isn't it fun to have them griping and complaining about something....we just have to bite our tongue and not say a word until they get over it.  :)  
Michele

Anonymous said...

Wow!  Sounds like that Daddy really loves his lil' girl!  I know!  I know!  He was way overboard with the whole thing.  Just be thankful he is in her life.  At least that bike will keep him busy!  Hang in there!  He will be back to work before you know it!
Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean.  My brother always says when his daughter gets old enough for the boys to come around he's buying a shotgun.  LOL (sort of).  I am glad he found something to do.  Big Hugs, Nicki