Tuesday, March 14, 2006

a normal day and a joke

here's a joke someone sent me...

YOU GOTTA LOVE CHICAGO WOMEN!! 
  
  
A woman from Chicago and another from the East coast were seated side-by-side on an airplane. The woman from Chicago, being friendly and all, said:
 
So, where are you from?"
 
The East coast woman said, "From a place where they know better than to use a preposition at the end of a sentence."
 
The woman from Chicago sat quietly for a few moments and then replied:
 
"So, where are you from, bitch?" 

That pretty much sums up Midwest woman.  

Anyway, work has been it's normal soap opera that I try to stay out of.  The place is basically filled with retired guys of various ages ranging from 55 to the 70's.  Woman too, but mostly housewives.   There's a few old gals who are still driving, mostly for the benefits, which we have great ones.  This past year we have done a lot of hiring.  Sure they always had the HELP WANTED sign up in front of our bus shop, but either we really weren't hiring or no one was coming in.  This year is different.  With the growth steams the problems.  AND we got the usually office gossip, back biting, and regular old fashion bitching.  Makes me mad because I think we have the best job around.  Guess some people will never be happy!

Hubby must of known he ticked me off because he made me the best Chicken Salad for dinner last night.  He still hasn't done much around here other than the dishes, but the complaining has stopped.  I'll settle for the dishing being done all day.  He's a good guy, but he's a man and they sure are different than we woman, which I know is the point!  I am glad he cares so much about Liz, and I do haveto remember he was just as overly protective with the boys.  I guess I have a short memory.  Besides when you are in the midst of it, it's easy to forget.  The boys turned out nice repectable types so he did do a good job with them, and I should trust him with this one too.

Eric called last night.  The kid that got in trouble went to the management company of the townhouse and told them he was the responsible one so he would move.  The rest of the guys can stay, but he has to have his name removed from the lease.  They have to pay his part of the rent.  Since it's college style townhouses  they only have a month left of rent, but can stay until the end of July.  And then they are all moving out.  They will be keeping the naughty kid's security deposit.  I guess the life of a college student is a nomad's life.  I hope when Eric's girlfriend graduates he gets out of the college type apartments.  Too much turmoil.  He wants to eventually transfer out to my area when the new Menard's store is built.  He'll probably be a department manager by then!  Yippeee!  His store will be closer for mom to shop! 

This weekend is a baby shower for my sister in law.  I haven't heard from them in weeks, hopefully no news is good news!  I would like to see how their bedroom turned out.  They are so busy with the other two very active kids so I am sure they are off to a soccer game or some other event.  I remember those day very well. 

Tomorrow I am off during my midday and I am going to go baby gift shopping at Kohls.  They always have great sales and you can get a lot of quality for your money.  Rylan I am sure is still tiny so he can grow into a lot.  Fun stuff indeed!

 


 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can understand that office BS !!! I try and avoid it !  I love Khol's they have great sales. Have fun Baby clothes shopping.

Ellen

Anonymous said...

I know about all the back biting and silly stuff at work. Some people arent' happy if they aren't gossiping about something.
Baby shopping sounds like fun.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

Never became a part of office gossip in my life. Hated it always. Never understood it either.
Angela

Anonymous said...

Sometimes women are their own worse enemies. I don't get it - we are women, we should stick together and support each other. I really hate it when I hear a woman say she doesn't want another woman as her boss. What are those women saying about themselves?

Anyway, enough of my personal feelings on that. I hope you have a great time at the shower :)

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Love the joke.  Backbiting and all that good stuff happens everywhere.  I don't get it but it happens.  You'll be fine if you can stay out of it.  Good men figure out they have screwed up Jerks don't care.  I am glad you heard from your son.  He'll be ok.  Big Hugs, Nicki