Wednesday, March 1, 2006

this and that and some other things

 

I've always liked surprises especially when I had my children.  Of course back in those days ultrasounds weren't as accurate as they are now.  I have a lot of boys in my family.  I have 3 younger brothers, my father had 2 younger brothers.  Me being a girl was a suprise in itself.  I was in shock when I had my own daughter.  My husband's fourth son was a girl until he was born and his "kick stand" as my hubby calls it popped up.  My husband has five sons.  Soooooooooo I was not surprised when Mark told me that after Tracey and Jeremy went to the doctor yesterday they were told they are having another boy!  I am actually happy.  I love boys.  Boys are what I am used to.  A girl would be nice.  But as they say as long as the little guy is healthy it's all good.  But my hubby's ex wife will be unhappy she's dying for girl!

Here's my kid, Tim with his stepmom at the Auto show.  Wish he would have brought that car behind him home to his momma!  Wow could I have some fun in that car!  I actually had a 1969 Dodge Charger when I was 18, but I was too young to appreciate that car.  It was fast, blue and beautiful!  I think I ran it out of oil, drats! 

Work's been fine.  I actually was nominated to run for the Executive Board Council.  There are five positions.  We have a union and it's very new and our conctract is up in 2007.  The district is really trying to contract more buses out to companies, which we do not want.  As a resident of the district I work in I don't want that to happen either.  School owned Transportation Departments seem to do a better job of caring for the children. We had a q & a session yesterday.  The position will require someone who is not afraid to speak out or work.  I am as qualified as any of the others running, but with all departments, some things become less about quality and more a popularity contest.  I've lived here most of my life and really love my community.  We shall see how things work out. 

Today I worked out with my niece.  She goes to Curves, which to me doesn't feel like the type of workout I am used to.  I am used to sweating, but after the 30 minute circuit I felt better and less stressed.  So I'll go back.  I like it.  We can encourage each other.  Afterall I will be having more grandkids to chase after and I want to be in GREAT shape to do that!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought chasing grandkids was a good exercise that kept you in shape?

xoxo

Anonymous said...

I havent been to Curves but i am glad you liked it. You are such a good mom no matter if its a boy or a girl! I hope you get that position!
love,lisa

Anonymous said...

I know a lady who goes to Curves and she has lost a lot of weight and looks great. You don't look like you need to lose but it will be good for you. Like you said in shape to chase grandkids. Paula

Anonymous said...

That new position sounds cools.  I miss worlking out. Curves sounds pretty cool, at least your in and out of there quick.

Ellen

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the comming baby. Boys are fun too. Altho girls are more fun to dress up. Don't you just love the old mussle cars. I do. My son has an 1977 olds 442. Needless to say mom doesn't get to drive it. Have a great day.
Hugs, R.c.

Anonymous said...

Another baby boy! Fantastic news!!!

Kara :)