Friday, November 5, 2004

....I guess it all comes down to that one simple word...I have always been the type to be self reliant...never count on anyone, even God because I would always be let down...always left alone.  God didn't answer my prayers to my liking so I was a very angry person for many years.  The other day Mark and I were talking about how crazy I used to act when we first got Married.  I used to fly off the handle for the stupidist reasons.  I figured if I acted crazy enough he would leave like all the rest...but he never did.   Now I am better...now that I have stopped being so darn self-centered and self-reliant...I am much happier.  There are days I experience real JOY.  I think this is happening despite my circumstances.  I look at my life and sure every day I hate to hear the phone ring because it's another creditor wanting to know when we will pay them.  I still have a 98 Peterbilt semi sitting in my driveway.  I still have bills, but my perception of life and what it's all about is changing.  I am changing...I am beginning to pay attention to other people more.  Just like I did when I first straighten up...I was so happy to finally be free that I wanted to help everybody.  I guess it's easy to get caught up in life and become self-centered, wanting your life to be straightened out, to be comfortable.  But for me I have a lot of work to do on the inside...I am willing to go through all of the outside stuff to get right inside.  And if the rewards feel like I have been feeling despite the bill problems, I am so overjoyed.  I have my health, my family, my job, my community, a roof over my head and food in the house.  My kids are basically good and I for today I have NO complaints.  AMEN!  Have a wonderful Friday!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could think more like you.
I stay online all day so that none of the creditors can get thru.

hope you have a gr8 day and an even better weekend.

Anonymous said...

I found your journal through a comment and link you left in MY journal. I know exactly what you mean about FAITH equaling JOY.

It took a very devastating experience over 1 1/2 years ago for me to fully understand the magnitude that my self centerdness and lack of faith had on my life. With a long journey to self awareness and TRULY letting Go and trusting that GOD had my back I realized that pure Joy followed. Lettign GO was a hard thing to do because I am always someone who LOVES to be in control. With FAITH comes true JOY. I am living proof of that. Keep believeing in yourself, and NEVER SURRENDER!
God Bless,
Jen

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful entry, Rose. FAITH!  Can't survive without it. You've grown so much since we first became friends. I think I have too. And we'll both continue growing. GOD is so good to us..(all the time).  Love you.   *Barb*

Anonymous said...

Yes! Always keep the faith Rose!  Wonderful entry, well put!
~JerseyGirl

Anonymous said...

there isn't a single one of us that doesn't need work on the inside...and me on the outside as well. LOL You're a sweet person. I fly off the handle sometimes, i related to that.

Anonymous said...

Awesome entry!  Keep the faith!

~Jaime
http://journals.aol.com/rgossett4195/Everythingisgoingtobeallright/"

Anonymous said...

lol... I added the link to your blog in my comment!  lol

~Jaime  

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful post. I am always amazed that God gives us exactly what we need when we need it. God Bless you and your family Always.
Carol