Saturday, November 6, 2004

See this little darling child waiting at the bus stop?  She's somebody's kid.  So trust me when I say God does look after the little children.  This week was spent trying to get the  little darlings to SIT DOWN!!!  My week was made more exciting by the firing of a driver who is the type that wants something for nothing in life and the only reason he's driving a bus is he's waiting for his settlement from another job.  He's a young guy who's probably is 150 pounds overweight and  DJ's on the side.  He fell asleep at a stop sign!  So he's gone.  Then there was another accident, she hit a parked car, that happened to have people in it.  Rumor is she left, stating she didn't know she hit anything.  She was off yesterday, but her job will be spared I am sure because of our Union. 

Sooooooooooo...such is the life of a bus driver...my day is spent pretending I am invisable to everybody on the road, especially housewifes driving aimlessly from dropping their kids off at school and pulling right out in front of me, businsess men doing sale calls on their cell phones, teenage boys with their seats so far back it looks like they are sitting in the back seat and truck drivers talking on their Nextel 2-ways, CB's and shifting while trying to steer their big rig.  God love the children as He must be the one making sure their short little trip to school is a safe one. 

So that was my week, hopefully the Halloween candy is gone so the little darlings don't smash it in my seats or have a load of it for breakfast.

And God bless me because after all this I LOVE MY JOB!!!  Crazy people and all!  Have great weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say God bless you for loving little children so much. So many bus drivers need the job but hate the children. I'm glad you like your job since it's the one you have. lol. Seriously, I am glad. So many people hate what they do. Stay safe. love you, you know. Hugs. *Barb*

Anonymous said...

You are a wonderful busdriver!  I would love it if Little One were on your bus next year when she starts school!  :-)
~JerseyGirl

Anonymous said...

I got a bus driver story from last week, I will probably write about it Wednesday, because I have a test tomorrow!  My daughter has the best bus drivers in the world, besides you of course!