Tuesday, November 16, 2004

It's already Tuesday.  It's kind-a drizzly and gray outside, but I am feeling just fine.  Dale came home yesterday...guess the grass isn't as green at his mother's house.  He was mad at us and his old crazy girlfriend last Thursday and had his mom come get home while we were at Liz's concert.  She always rescues her children instead of making them face their problems.  He missed school Friday, but at least he's passing his classes.  THANK YOU GOD he should graduate on time. He had to face us with an overage of $250.00 on his cell phone.  He is going to make sure he pays us for it.  He came home with a car.   The car he bought is a 1980 trans am and for an 18 year old he thinks it looks cool, but it leaks oil and needs an exhaust system.  My 20 year old son Eric called here Sunday night all upset.  He broke up with his girlfriend and I have a feeling he is failing school again.  I told him he should just quit school for now and concentrate on working more hours to pay his bills, then he could still be out on his own and not have to depend on his father.  He has many unresolved issue with his father.  So I guess he is doing ok.  The other kid Tim at Purdue is doing ok too, has a lot of test and he will be home for thanksgiving.  Ah such is life letting your children grow up.

I am experiencing the age old story of standing back and letting my children experience life...I know now how my parents felt ... to watch your kids make mistakes, have victories, saddness, and joy.  Guiding them but really letting them go into the world trusting that what you taught them will be remembered and that your love for them will keep them safe.

My prayers for all the mothers and fathers out there who are feeling what I am feeling...great love for our "adult" children and prayers for those kids to be safe and sound.

Happy day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am mother of 3 young girls ages 6, 2 and 8 months.  I know as crazy as it is sometimes around here, these really are the best days for me and my girls.  

Anonymous said...

It is difficult to stand back and let our children make decisions on their own.  But experiencei is, after all, the best teacher. When I look back at the hard years of raising my own I wonder how I did it. My adult children ask me that all the time." God helped me and I just stumbled along doing my best, the way most of us do. During those years I think there was always at least one of my chidren mad at me. Hugs. *Barb*

Anonymous said...

It's hard to watch you children go out into the world.  My children are slowly inching towards that time and I find it so difficult just to let go.

Anonymous said...

I'm not looking foreward to all this. I can't even take the ages they are. I want my babies back. Life was so much easier.