Tuesday, November 9, 2004

Stupid AOL

Why oh why do I continue to stand by AOL when AOL continues to act up on me????  I have SBC DSL which comes with it's own screen names, e-mail, internet explorer etc.  I pay an extra $29.00 a month for this stupid AOL plus $29.00 to the phone company for my DSL and today like a naughty teenager it decided to not go to the web...freaked me out, because the last time this happened my computer crashed and I had to have a teenager fix it.  I shouldn't be so so hard on poor AOL afterall we have been together since 1997 and most of that time is with this old computer (covering computer's imaginary ears!!!) knocking on wood!.  And I have rarely had problems only scares.  And the only reason I have SBC dsl is because I had AOL's broadband it NEVER worked even after a tech guy spent 4 hours here on June 7, 2002, (I remember the date cuz it's the date my stepson graduated from high school), The guy even said I looked nice as I was kicking him out the door. 

Alas, dear AOL I forgive you...I promise to never ever take you for granted, even when I switched to 9.0 and I cursed you and switched back to 8.0 when you screwed my computer up.  BUT please STOP scaring me!!!  You are supposed to be the "good" one!  There are days when you are my only source of sanity!!! 

Otherwise a pretty good day!  They started digging the hole for Matt and Brandy's house (Matt's Mark's middle kid) and they are excited as they are tired of living with her parents.  The rest of the day was good, and I am feeling very well....Take care all!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! I can't count the times I wanted to toss the computer out because of AOL. I think I went offline and switched at least four times, but came back because AOL really is the best. I much prefer it to the others. But it definitely messes with one's mind. Well don't let it get the best of you, kiddo. And don't leave. I'd miss out on your entries and so would everybody else. Love you. *Barb*