Friday, November 19, 2004

nice and quiet day...

Click here to scroll down

This is how I feel about my children who are out in the world...like I MUST trust that the angels are carrying them.  What else can I do?  Sure does help to relieve the stress level.  And today I am all about stress reduction.

Last night Mark called over to Dale's mom's house (Mark's ex) and asked if Dale was there and she said he came over there because "Rose yelled at him, about Stephanie".  Of course, mean old Rose is back to her old tricks again, disciplining HER kids, AGAIN.  At first I was upset, but then I remembered that sometimes doing the right thing does not make you popular.  Dale is on a life journey and if it means I have to play hard ball then so be it.  I have never put up with this type of behavior from any of the older kids and I won't from him either.  Mark's ex is famous for the answer, "I don't care".  And blaming everybody else, that is where her kids learned it from.  Mark was the same way until I got a hold of him.  Of course years ago I was the Queen of blaming others.  That kept me irresponsible for years... damn near killed me.  Literally.  But after 10 years Mark and I have really grown alot, and with that most of our kids have some sort of clue as how to be responsible.  Dale is a hard one, he has had 17 years of doing whatever he wants...we shall see how all this pans out...because personally I am at the end of my 2nd chances with him.  I have his cell phone, and I control the car insurance, he has a in school detention tomorrow for skipping classes Wednesday, so it's back to the game playing with this kid.  And he's really not a kid, he's 18 and I am tired of the disrespect and the games.  Mark is upset but he'll get over it.  He told me this morning that if it was MY kid I would be upset too.  NOT true, MY kid is having trouble, I am aiming to cutting off the school financing (not going to pay if he doesn't want to try) and at 20 he is old enough to be responsible.  Heck I was getting married and having kids by then!

So such is life, we watch our babies grow up...somebody at work told me her kids didn't think she was smart until they were 29, I guess I'll have to wait to be thought of as smart.  In the meantime I refuse to stress out about them...I will not die a slow death from worry...that killed my mother and it won't me. 

Gonna go catch up on my journal reading...there's no school today and I am going to enjoy my time off!!  It is so wonderful relax, with my white kitty on my lap and visiting all of you!  Have a great day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've certainly got my sympathy, Rose. I'm so glad my children are grown up now. Time was I didn't think I'd survie raising them. LOL> Laughing now , but wasn't then. And it is always somebody's EX that makes things worse. Glad you're sticking to your guns though. You're right in what you're doing. And as you said, He is 18, so knows better. Hugs. *Barb*

Anonymous said...

I think you are right. Don't put up with any bull and you will be respected in the long run.