Monday, November 22, 2004

Monday

As you can tell I think that it is a normal Monday.  Too much traffic, and too many problems with my children.  My ex's wife keeps calling me and I refuse to answer.  I am sick of having to listen to her constant whining about how messed up my children are.  This has been going on for 17 years and now that the boys are 20 and 22 years old I really think that I deserve a break from her.  My ex refuses to call me himself, God forbid that would mean he would actually have to take responsiblity.  My 20 year old is rumored to be out drinking and partying now.  Well no KIDDING!!  How in the world would I ever expect one of my kids NOT going off the deep end????  After all they have always had 2 sets of rules to live with.  One from their dad, who has never done anything except throw money at them, and lecture them.  Or tell them they aren't good enough.  And dear old crazy mom, or at least I used to be crazy now I am closer to normal, or at least I am trying.  I have come to the place where all I can do is be here for them.  And trust that God will keep them safe.  Put a smile on my face and know that this process called life will teach my kids what they need to learn.  It would have been a miracle if any of the kids would have made it without turning to booze, God all their parents have used it to deal with life how could anyone expect them not to, too. 

Dale came over after work Saturday and said, "Mom said that you want me to live with her", we told him it was up to him.  Afterall, he's 18 , but he needs to follow our rules.  He really came over looking for his cell phone, which is at the Nextel store.  We told him when he decides where he wants to be the phone subject will be answered. I refuse to give a kid a phone that lies, runs away from home when the heat is on, and owes me $250.00 for over use.  KIDS!!  My only satisfaction is knowing that someday they will get some of their own!  Hee hee and that day will come.  My mother always told me I would get one just like me!  After all what goes around comes around right??

Otherwise my exciting day involves going to the gyno after work, yipee, hopefully my short, doctor doesn't decide he needs to cut on me again, everytime I go there he discovers something that needs to be cut out!  :)  of well, life is normal and I am doing the best I can.  And I trust God, what else can I ask for??

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm amazed at how many ex's don't want to take responsibitly for their part in things. *being there* for your kids is the best thing you can do and I think they KNOW you are there for them. How could they not. I KNOW It and I'm not related to you. LOL. Too many kids have cell phones who ought not have them. I'm with you. If I was still raising kids the ones who lie, run away and don't pay what they owe would never own a cell phone. Payback is hell, as the saying goes and all our children catch it. Mine have. They have each called to say." How did you do it, Mom? Then proceed to tell me how many problems my grandchildren are giving them. HA! Can't help but chuckle ..just a little. Hugs. *Barb*

Anonymous said...

I really hope that appointment went well. Im scared now..My 13 year old son is getting a nextel for his birthday. I told him one month that bill goes over the 40 it's supposed to be it's mine. I had to get it for him because i have no way of getting in touch with him and when the boys go out to play football or whatever they do t hey are gone for hours and hours. I used to call his friends phones but the friends he is with now don't have phones. Anyway....I don't think you should have to hear crap from the ex's wife. If he can't pick up the phone that too bad. You seem very normal to me. But then again...did you ever really meet any single person who was absolutely normal? I haven't. I hope he chills out and decides he wants to follow your rules.