Saturday, January 15, 2005

Welcome!

brrrrrrrrrrrr....it's cold here!  It's a normal Saturday here at my house.  Mark is very upset as he got a call from the school stating Dale has pulled himself from school.  hmmm next week is finals and I am sure the kid thinks that with a progress report full of D-'s and F's he will not pass his finals or his classes.  Mark's ex never called, emailed or let him know what was going on.  I am sure she feels it's not his business as Dale is 18, which is fine by me.  I have finally gotten the concept that God is the only one who can change anybody and if you're 18 and you have the choice of living at a home full of rules and you can't have you 15 year old girl friend in your bedroom while you're home alone, and you have to go to work on time everyday and you have a curfew or the other one of doing what ever you feel like doing,, which one would you pick???  Personally I am tired of having to deal with this kid, he told us he's 18 and want's to have his freedom so have it.

Mark's doing better now we had a gift card to Home Depot and we had bought a gallon of paint yesterday and he started painting...which got his mind off his son.  I thought the color was a clay pot color but it was really really orange soooooo back I went and found the perfect color in the oops bin and it's perfect ... all for 5 bucks!  He's watching football now so he's happy.

My father called to tell me that the grown son of some family friends of ours was killed in a snowmobile accident.  This guy has put his family through hell, drug dealing, running from the law, getting caught, serving time...his parents nearly lost their home getting him out of trouble and now this...I think he was doing better too...that goes to show you that you never know when it's your time...that you need to enjoy and be happy everyday.  And that no matter how much your children get into trouble you have to love them, but you must realize that they are not you...they are themselves.  They have to learn their own lessons in life...no matter how much it hurts us to watch.

I know I had to do what I did to get where I am...there are days I wonder if I made some kind of pact with devil when I got sober...I know, I know I should be happy to be sober, happy to have been blessed with a good relationship after years of horrible ones, but everything else seems to be going nuts...but then I realize this...that life is hard, sometimes things just happen...but in the end result the alternative is to not be here.  And as for all the rest ... this too shall pass...

Love you all...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Families certainly do go through a lot with kids. I'm so grateful to the Lord for helping me raise mine alone.  I feel so sorry for the parents whose son died. We truly do have to spend our moments carefully, bearing in mind that we do not necessarily have the amount of time we think we do.
This too shall pass, and always does, hon. Love you too. *Barb*

Anonymous said...

I'm very sorry about your friends son. That is sad. I don't get life. And the kid...well he thinks he's all big and mature all of 18...he's sooooooooooooooooo wrong When he hits 28...all the mistakes he's made will come back to him. Unless he fixes them up by then and I sure do hope he does. I gotta take a look through the throw back paints I never asked about them. Is that where your orange wound up? When I pick colors they are always wrong too.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for your friends son. Life is so short. I'm sorry Mark's son is such a pain. Why do they think just because they are 18 , they are grown? I am very Lucky , my kids were great kids and grew to be great adults. They weren't perfect but close enough.
I hope everything works out for you.
Have a good weekend.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

sorry about all the drama that is leaking its way into your days I hope the sun will be shining on you soon.  


I really like the clay pot color.  I wanted it for my dining room but got steal gray instead.  not liking it so much.