Tuesday, January 4, 2005

here comes the snow

  

 The weather forecast is for anywhere from 8 to 10 inches of snow we've been lucky here in the southern burbs of chicago as we are so called to have really skipped out of any major snowfalls for many years. I remember years of big snowfalls as a kid, of course as a kid everything seems big  

          

 When I was throwing papers as we used call our job when I was delivering newspapers I remember staring at the weather channel praying to God that there would be NO major storms during the night.  my little dodge neon had very low clearance and I barely made it down even the highways. when the plows would come out we were always in each others ways...many customers didn't understand why their newspaper was not delivered on time OR worse yet delivered on time and under the snow at which they would chop it up in their snow blowers or they would blow away. such was my life as a paper boy...365 days a year I went over 1600 days without even a day off...nor rain, nor sleet, nor dark of night...blah blah!  thankfully I now longer do that job   And tomorrow I don't worry, my routes are close and will be plowed. Mark was told at work that they have work for him when the weather get better...we had a lot of rain and now this snow...I have come to NOT believe in the weather reporters they are usually wrong.  He did sign up for unemployment ... you can do that online now...(wow soon we won't have to leave our home for anything!!)  and he will have that for when it gets slow.  It's nice having him home though, he cooks, he cleans up, he's in a good mood! I have a sports trip on Saturday so that will help also...   But I will stick with my old belief...I am taken care of today...I have all I need today... Thank you God!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice entry

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Rose....here's to another year of journaling together :-)

~JerseyGirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl