Saturday, January 22, 2005

  We didn't get nearly as much snow as predicted.  It's blowing so it seem like a lot, but my guess we probably got 4 inches, which would make those weathermen correct. Went out to get some food.  Illinois has a store called Aldi's.  It's motto is the stock up store.  So you can really get your money's worth.  Thank God for that. I must stay in the Thanking God mode or I'll get into fear again and it's Saturday...who wants to be bummed out on the weekend???  We did get a check in the mail today from our insurance company, I had raised our deductable for our home, suggested by my daughter in law, so they sent us a refund...which is going toward our payment plan for our mortgage.  SEE ROSE EVERYTHING DOES WORK OUT!!!  TRUST GOD!!! Now we need Mark to work next week.  Which is a very good possiblity as his boss comes back from vacation.  The snow should not effects work.  Prayer for this would be appreciated. I do know that prayer works! After my divorce in 1985 I was a very heavy drinker.  I blamed everybody for my situation, cursed God and alcohol became my escape.  I did the whole treatment thing many times.  One time I met a girl who was visiting another patient.  She told me she would pray for me.  While long story short she did.  It didn't work right away, I still drank and blamed.  Another time I went into a church (I liked the look of it) very drunk and the members also prayed for me.  My family prayed for me, I even prayed for me!  Even though I was very angry at God...He loved me so much that He  let me experience all the errors of my ways.  One day at a meeting I sat there, 6 months pregnant, mad at the world, just listening.  This girl told another guy that he had to quit blaming people for his problems.  That clicked for me, and I had probably heard that same message a hundred times, but that day that moment I was ready.  She became my mentor, and friend...I had that moment of clarity and took action...there were days I stayed sober because I was afraid of her.  But since that day August 12, 1988, I stopped drinking and stayed stopped.  My baby?  Well she's 16 years old, perfect and wonderful....my miracle baby! I always have to remember that God works miracles in HIS time..not mine I must always trust that I have so much to learn, to experience to enjoy in life. And finally that I am a beautiful child of God, and as His child I know He will always take care of me.   Have a wonderful weekend!!  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is definitely the KEY point, I think. It is all in HIS TIME, not ours. So proud of how far you've come, Rose. And when you hit a rough spot, hon, just remember what you named your journal. Hugs. *Barb*

Anonymous said...

My 1988 baby is my miracle baby too. I loved barbs comment. Glad you only got 4 inches..I think we are bypassing that amounth right now here in NY

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my journal, it's nice to meet you, too!
~~Kath~~
http://journals.aol.com/dklars/SecretGarden

Anonymous said...

Good for you . I'm proud of you . It takes hitting bottom before you can begin to climb out of the hole. You did it . and I agree prayers always help, You are in mine.
Have a great day.
R.C.

Anonymous said...

Hi Rose:

COngratulations on you sobriety. I imagine that must be the hardest thing to do. I have never a drink in my life becuae I always promised myself I didn't want that burnden to bare.  I am so gratefull for God and al that he does for us.  Your entry was so wonderufll and I really appreciate you sharing your faith and hope!!!

Love, Kara :)