Monday, January 17, 2005

Painting w/hubby

Home today because of the holiday...so I am painting with hubby.  I hate to paint because it's messy and I hate cleaning up the mess...but painting with Mark has been a pleasure.  I guess I am mellowing in my old age. 

Liz is off doing some project with her classmates and I am freezing.  The temperature will finally hit the 20's on Wednesday...thank God...it's bitter and I really don't like the cold at all.  We have an old boiler and hot water heat...thankfully it is chugging along just fine.  I am glad we have this type of heat or the satic electricity and dry skin that forced air brings would give me something else to whine about.

The wake was sad in that I saw people from my youth..I grew up in a town about 45 minutes from where I live now and the man that was killed is the son of Bobbie, she and Carol were my Mother's best friends since their young mother days.  Their husband's raced cars with my father.  It was sad to see Bobbie, she has lived through so much...but she stays a pillar of strength...breast cancer, her 2 boys in and out of jail, her husband who has always been very hard to live with.  She never had grandchildren and she would have been the perfect grandma.  God bless Bobbie.  I say Carol with here 2 daughters on the way out...it was so wonderful to see her too.  Made me feel like I had seen my dear mother again.  Just to hug and kiss those two.

I learned some things yesterday from my TV sermon that we watch...(wish I lived in Texas where they are based)....

1)  God wants to bless us

2)  God wants us to have the Faith and the Belief for this to happen.

3)  We need to thank God in advance for His favor in our life, in all ways and in all things.

This works and I believe...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been wanting to paint too.   glad you are keeping your mind busy.  Hope everything will be worked out for the best for your friends soon.

Anonymous said...

Sending you blessings from Idaho!!! Wish I could send you some heat, but it's frigid here right now!
Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Is the Texas base you speak of John Osteen of Lakewood Church?  If so, I want you to know that I grew up on 3-4 miles from his family's church.  The following became so large that they bought the Summit, that is where the Houston Rockets used to play.  I see the son on t.v. every now and again.  He has a trusting nature about him.  When they were at the original Lakewood church, the city made them hire police to direct the traffic afterwards.  I was so shock to see white and black people coming together to a church.  In the early 80's I know they had over 7000 members, now that they are at the Summit, I am sure it is in the tens of thousands.  

If this is not the church, I am sorry for rambling.

I am glad you were united with others, yet sorry for the occasion.

Take care,

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for the sad occasion...

I don't really like painting either, but I love the sense of accomplishment when I'm done...such a dramatic difference can be achieved with a can of paint!  

~JerseyGirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl

Anonymous said...

I see that you watch Joel too. His sermons are so awesome. He just loves the Lord so much and shows it. Praise GOD when you pray, Rose because my husband watched Sunday's sermon with me instead of another goofy program.
Praying for you all the time, and for those you love. Hugs, honey. *Barb*
http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for the sad occasion. My prayers to you.
I hate painting too. I usually let hubby handle that kind of stuff. LOL.
Have a great day. R.C.