Thursday, January 13, 2005

the other shoe fell

Well the other shoe fell as they say and first it rained then it snowed.  Big whoop...I am tired tonight as all this stress driving has pooped me out.  After work we had a meeting with our 'big' boss and it seem our wonderful town has gotten too big for it's school budget. With 3 new grade schools opening in the fall with  no budget to run them.  Guess where they want to cut??  Us, yep we are a school run bus service and they want to cut us, along with upping all the athletic, parking fees, drivers ed would be optional and cost $300, cut extra circulars, (everything my daughter loves, show choir, drama, plays), cut the band (yes the one that went to the Rose Bowl would be gone), art, gifted and talented, kids that should be expelled and on and on...I saw this coming as I have seen the growth here...way to fast for this little farm town.  It feels like we in this town are being blackmailed...give us your money or we hold your kids hostage...maybe this is a sign!  Mark's stepmother has a beautiful ranch just sitting empty in Missoula Montana...the price?, me taking care of her (eeeck!!) and besides I don't think I could drive a school bus in the mountains...but it is an option...

I think though that the tax hike will pass, after all we are now a town of yuppies and you know they only want what's best for susy and joey.  We shall see....

Time for me to take Liz to the Park District run tryouts for her upcoming play...thank God they can't take that from her!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow the mountians I think that would be temping.

Anonymous said...

I marvel at your ability to drive and put up with so much. Truly,..you've come a long way, baby. lol  Well, you have. Hugs. *Barb*

Anonymous said...

I think it's awful when the first thing they want to cut is the things that keep the kids interested in being in school. I hope it all works out for you.
R.C.

Anonymous said...

Rose, I hope it all works out. I hate to see school services and activities cut.

Anonymous said...

Our school district did the same thing last year...pass the budget vote or not baseball and softball leagues. Thanks guys. I still voted against Our taxes are so damn high and they did the same thing with all the new schools and whatnot. But the budget passed and the teams remain.