Saturday, January 29, 2005

Yesterday at work I was walking across the parking lot and another driver came running up to me and says, "I have something for you".  He had burned a DVD for me of my Daughter in a one act.  It was so sweet and thoughtful of him.  Then I talked to his wife, she's a monitor and I rarely see her.  A few months ago she had pulled out in front of car that was going 60 miles per hour.  She had died for a moment as they had lost her vital signs.  I asked her if she "saw the light".  She did say that her thoughts were above her and she only remembers a few things, not the accident.  I then asked her if she was a changed person because of her brush with death.  She said that she was.  She said that she belonged to a garden club and didn't like it and was going to quit, but she changed her mind because all the members sent her 90 cards, food, gifts, flowers and came to see her.  Wow!  She said now instead of just sending a card she is going to actually take the time to visit people.

Wow, that whole day gave me hope, hope for humanity!  I saw God's work that day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Rose, what an amazing experience for that woman....I would have been like you and asked if she saw the light too....that was the first thing I thought of and then read that you asked the same thing...how inspiring...yes, God's work indeed...have  a nice weekend Rose...

Nettie
~JerseyGirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl

Anonymous said...

There is humanity left in people, but not often enough we hear about it.  Thank you for sharing your friends story!  ~Nikki