Monday, October 18, 2004

Sick Car Overheated

After a nice Sunday in which I spend some of it getting the scoop on my 19 year old son Eric from his girl friend Tina.  Which is: he's doing ok in Junior College, He hurt his back at work, he dinged a car at Taco Bell (no damage), and he's roommates are slobs who don't go to classes.  Sounds normal to me!  Right?  I guess their apartment is a pig stye, and I am resisting the urge to run up there and clean it.  It's so bad that somebody who was visiting puked in the bathroom and nobody bothered to clean it up for 2 days.  Oh well, my kid's not drinking or smoking dope or otherwise.  So I am happy, if I survived my 20's so can he!!!

Got the bad news this morning from the repair shop, dear old "Sid" told me it's going to be $625 for a air pump and a oxygen sensor plus some other stuff, and $225 for the U joint that is about to fall off my pick up truck.  I said, "hey now just fix that truck enough for me to pass the emission test so I don't get my license pulled,"  My hubby can fix the rear end.  Don't have enough cash to get the truck out until Thursday.  The guy said maybe he could give me Senior citizens discount. HA!  Don't humor a mechanics daughter!  Ever!!  I know that these stupid anti pollution devices are there for a reason, but the darn truck has only 50,000 miles on it!!!  Oh well, Gotta do what ya gotta do.

Otherwise I am working like normal.  It's freezing here, but lucky for me Mark dropped me off on the way to work and Dale picked me up.  Tomorrow is a 1/2 day so more drama then....

Going to heat up the leftover soup...it's a good day for it!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's me and you go clean that apartment. Ewwwww! LOl about the girlfriend. I'm glad he's doing well. Sucks about the car problems. Hope your day goes well today!

Anonymous said...

That apartment? YUK! I can only imagine. * I keep telling the men in my family that cars and trucks are more trouble than we women are. * Hugs, and stay sweet as you now are. *Barb*

Anonymous said...

That's alot of money to be spending on a relatively low milage vehicle!  I'm glad you got the discount though!
~JerseyGirl