Friday, October 22, 2004

Exciting week!

Been a loooooooonnnnnnnnng week, with loads of sick bus drivers and students.  My boss even had to go to the emergency room for an IV!  And she's my age!

First off this morning bright and early at 5 am.  CBC news Chicago came to our humble school.  Each week they feature a different school from 5 til 7 am. 

   I taped it so I can watch it later, my daughter was too tired to get up and go, but my stepson went.  I really was suprised Liz didn't go...her cast from her play was featured up front and personal.  It was cool in that every weather break, which is about every 10 minutes they showed a different group of kids.  So, so cool.  We are up to 2000 kids so there was a wide variety of them shown.  Of course the cheerleaders where clapping and kids were cheering.  It was awesome!

On Wednesday night Mark and I went and saw my favorite TV minister, Joel Osteen at the Borders bookstore.  He has written a book and we really get a lot from listening to him minister.  It was very exciting with a great turn out.  His wife is your typical Southern sweetheart.  She walked around the store and shook hands with everybody.  He is located in Houston Tx, makes me want to move to Texas!       Since there were so many folks there for the book signing we had to move quickly, but I did get to shake this wonderful man's hand.  And he said, "God bless you".  The thing is Mark started watching this man when we were at our lowest, and his words of God's unconditional love for us really gave us hope when we thought we had really missed up our lives.  The book is very easy to read as are his sermons.  That's why I say I wish I lived in Texas.  Lakewood Church is a bible based church, something that I really relate to.

Anyway, this girl is feeling very positive, even when things are gloomy here.  I still have bills, kids, the job, pets, and winter coming.  BUT I have GOD!  A God that made me perfect just as I am.  I hope all of you are feeling just as I am...knowing you are exactly where you need to be right at this moment!  Have a wonderful weekend!! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you feel the presence of God so strongly...

Anonymous said...

That's neat about CBS going to the schools. I wonder if they do that in my area. God is my only solace and I will try to be possitive.