Saturday, October 23, 2004

awwwwwwwwww

No. 12 Purdue plays host to No. 13 Michigan this Saturday at Ross-Ade Stadium.My oldest goes to Purdue University which is a big 10 school.  One of the benefits of going to a Big 10 school is the sports.  Especially FOOTBALL.  I never realized how much I missed watching a football game until my kids grew out of it.  I really don't like watching games just to watch...like my hubby does.  A couple of years ago Purdue had a quartback who took them to the Rose Bowl, which they lost, but it was so exciting.  We did see a game that year, the school is only 3 hours away.  That quartback is now playing pro.  I really haven't been watching much this year, basically started 3 weeks ago when Tim was home.  The quartback this year is up for the Heiseman.   Since that win three weeks they have LOST the last 2 games!!!  Very close games.  Boo hoo!  :).  I just love that school...so full of tradition, can you feel the pride I have in my son and the school he attends??  He will graduate this year and I can tell you the time has flown.  Anyway, it fun to watch the football games with my husband, because he loves sport and they usually put me to sleep.  Especially Nascar, which he adores, I have even fallen asleep at a live race.  Sad isn't it?

Otherwise, it's just a normal Saturday, it rained here so Mark was home.  After the rain it really warmed up, feels like summer again, but I know this won't last...Illinois winters can be brutal.

Dale went with Matt and Brandy to a wedding reception.  He needed to go.  He is letting his temper get the best of him in school again.  Parents out there PLEASE keep disciplining your kids when they are young and you still can.  This kid is so used to doing whatever he wants, I really feel like whatever progress we make goes out the window every few months.  But I am sure everything will work out.  Gotta believe he's here with us for a reason, hopefully to learn to control himself and get his act together.  I managed to straighten out his 2 brothers and they are doing a-ok. So I refuse to let this one beat me!  He's basically a good kid, but at 18 he has a lot more to lose than when he was younger.

Have a great Saturday!!!

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go on your oldest being in a top 10!  Yes!
Have a great weekend Rose!
~JerseyGirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl

Anonymous said...

I'm disiplining and I'm not stopping until they are married. Last night I watched the movie Rudy with my son and his friend. It made me cry with happiness at the end. LOL I'm so gay as the boys informed me. But I know for sure they were choked up too.