Wednesday, October 13, 2004

pvines1s.gif - 10.2 K

Finally looking like Fall around these parts.  While the leaves aren't as bright and colorful as past years they are still very striking.  I live in the "old" part of town with many old grand maple trees, very beautiful.  My favorite part is taking a walk through town and kicking the leaves like I did as a kid.  Makes me HAPPY!  And I love the smell of old dry leaves.

Autumn always reminds me of my 2 children, Liz and Eric as they were both born right before Halloween.  I love halloween especially seeing how excited kids get.  Kids are so awesome, most of them are still so innocent.  Yesterday one of the kids at the Alternative school had a detention.  I only drive him when he is in trouble at school so I only see him then.  As I was driving him home we were talking about this and that, our shared interests.  He says to me...drive around bus driver I like talking to you.  Warms my heart.  Now this to me is God giving me a great big blessing!  Makes up for all the heavy traffic, impatient people driving and bad weather.  I love my job.  And my life, as a result of all our trails Mark and I are spending much more time appreciating each other.  And letting each other know that we care about the other.  Really makes a difference in this world knowing you have somebody on your side.  May you all feel the Hug of God today.  Take care of yourselves! Rose

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the fall too, just wish it looked like fall around here...it helps when I see the stands selling pumpkins and things like that...kind of puts me in the spirit...and there is a slight breeze in the air and that feels nice...but nothing like looking at the trees changing colors...that is precious to me and I miss that greatly.

http://journals.aol.com/derasta/ADayInTheLife

Anonymous said...

Terrific entry. Had love, interests, wisdom, just a lot of YOU in it. Thanks. *Barb*

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing your warm day.

Anonymous said...

aww, how sweet the kid wanted you to drive around some more!  Happy Birrthday to your two kiddies!  :-)
~JerseyGirl