Monday, October 25, 2004

 I watched a very powerful sermon yesterday given by my favorite Paster.  He encouraged us to bless our children everyday.  And to stop believing in all the negativity about ourselves that we may have believed our whole life.  That's a tough one for me.  For many years I believed I had sinned so much that I was unworthy of God's gifts or His Grace for that matter.  I figured I was BAD and that if I was bad I was going to Hell so I figured I may as well have fun on the way.  That was many years ago before sobriety and unadulthood.  I know now that I am a beautiful child of God and created perfectly.

Trying to get my children to understand that about themselves is another story.  But I also learned that all I have to do is love them and let them know that love them every single day.  God will do the rest.  THANK GOD!  What an enlightening thougtht to see that I am just fine, just as I am at this very moment.  Very, very freeing.

Now I can go about my day! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

very nice of you to share such inspiring words.  I to have thought the same thing you did b4 i had my kids but the min they gave me my 1st born I knew then that I wasn't going to hell and that i had been blessed by just being a mother.

keep up the love.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful sermon that must have been. Wish I'd have been able to hear it. So glad you know how precious you are to the Lord now, my wonderful friend. Hugs. *Barb*

Anonymous said...

Wow Rose, that must have been so inspiring!  thanks for sharing!
~JerseyGirl