Friday, October 15, 2004

Friday

halloween clipart pumpkin

It rained a bit over the past two days, but fortunately Mark is working.  He's draining a pond so they can work tomorrow.  Whew!  We keep plugging along.  The only part I hate is having to deal with nasty creditors.  Do you ever notice (like any job I suppose), there are nasty and nice creditors.  I have one favorite that used to love to threaten me.  The last time I talked to him I got him to back off by being nice, but VERY firm.  Usually, I talk to somebody else there and they are ALWAYS nice.  Being a collection agent for a company must suck, I mean what a way to make a living especially if you are basically an unhappy person.  For me ... I'll deal with the public my way.  Trying not get hit on the road and making sure their little ones make it home in one peice.

One of my little kindergarteners name Agrim is going back to India today.  His little short, cute mom with a braid down to her knees says to me yesterday, "What would you like from India?"   I'm thinking wow what a nice lady.  I said really whatever she thinks...that wasn't good enough for her.  I have always loved Indian fabric so I say some fabric.  And she gave me a big smile.  It's really cool to deal with so many cultures.  I grew up in a basically white farm community.  Now we are very mixed.  I really think it expands the narrow minded ways of this town.  Growth can be good, and I tend to go with the flow.  Must be my age.

I have a field trip tomorrow, the Varsity Soccer team.  If they win the first game we go home to "rest" and then go back in the afternoon at 3:30.  They probably will win, because they have so far in this invitational meet.  So I should make up my time for last Monday's holiday.  Only thing is  that it's going to be 40 degrees with 30 mile winds....brrrrrrrrrrrrr  at least I 'm taking a newer bus with good heat.  Better bring some books and a blanket.

Welp I should go do something around here before I go back...finally snapped out the bad mood I was trying to have this morning.  Thankfully it didn't last long. 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've often thought how horrible it would be to have to call people and hound them for money. I'd probably get fired for being too nice. LOL  I would!
How nice that you're getting fabric from India. I have a friend from there. It's been nice getting to know about one another, the difference in our cultures. She thinks some of our ways are so stupid. I AGREE . lol  Nice learning thing. Hugs.*Barb*

Anonymous said...

I love fabric  too..but I would have never thought of asking. Smart women! LOL about the braid to her knees. My hair would never grow that long.