Friday, October 8, 2004

Rain, Rain, and more Rain

It's raining this a.m. so that means wet junior high kids who have been standing at their bus stop and come in the bus and fog up the windows...God love these kids I am so lucky I have awesome students this year.  They actually have manners, wow I guess there is hope for our future.  I always wonder if my kids generation will put us old farts in a "day care" when we get too "demanding" and then come visit us for quality time.  I mean, a lot of my generation did that.  Dump our kids at the kiddie care day care center and expect somebody else to raise our young.  For me I was always fortunate, I had my parents, ex and brothers to help me with raising my kids when I had to work.  Very little official day care.  I shouldn't judge, but my experience is with the day care that I pick up that these kids have issues, and some of them bordering on serious.  But that's just my 2 cents.

And as for the stop arm runners, we have paperwork we do fill out when we are able to get the information off a car, but we are required to be very detailed.  Description of car, and even the person in the car.  Sometimes that's very difficult when you are trying to board a child.  We do what we can.  I am always amazed at how both bus drivers and your run of the mill joe on the street treat each other out there.  Everybody is ALWAYS in a hurry.  I worry that common sense has gone by the wayside.  But I try and be the example I am not perfect, but I try.

Well, enough of my opinion.  Hubby got rained out today so he's at the motorcycle shop with his son.  Good for him he needs to hang out with the guys.  Time for me to go back to work.  We have a 3 day weekend and I am looking forward to hanging around the house. 

Bye...Rose

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you have a three day weekend. Two is good but three? Fantastic. Have fun. Don't just take care of everbody. Do something for yourself too. Hugs. *Barb*

Anonymous said...

Nice to hear about the state of the youth these days!  I'm glad you have nice kids on your bus.

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful weekend.  Relax, take some "you" time too!
~JerseyGirl