Saturday, October 2, 2004

Today is a day that I feel a some sort of spiritual awakening.  My whole life I have been on some sort of mission.  I was a very odd child (oops still am!), always searching and never finding my place in this world.  I guess I never thought I measured up.  I still am that way.  Always trying to please, never quite fitting in.  But that's ok, I am older and wiser and realize that life is very short and we really never get it perfect.  I actually did some crying today.  On the way to the tire dealer.  Got there and wasn't surprised to find out that the price that was quoted online wasn't the right one.  But I'll deal with that later.  I could have stayed in town and paid close to that price with a local guy, but then I wouldn't have had the joy of crying.  I am really not a crier.  Years of turning off my feelings have made it difficult to turn those feels back on.  But they are there and they love to pop up whenever they feel like it.  Guess that is what being human is all about.

Today is my daughter's homecoming dance.  She's at play practice now.  She's not happy with me because I refuse to pay $50 for a hair do, that I don't think she will be happy with anyway.  If this was Prom I'd spring for the do, but not homecoming.  But Sara will be over to help her with her makeup and I think the hair will get taken care of then.  Sara is my Stepson's girlfriend.  And a real sweety.

Hubby's getting overwhelmed with life again.  His striving for perfection and he's demanding of everybody else to be perfect is annoying at times, but it's his lesson to learn and he is at least recognizing it.  You know it's hard being married.  Now I see why people who don't really love their mates give up.  I love mine and I see through all his faults, and see the Man I love.  He's not perfect, but God knows either am I.  Sometimes live is hard, but the sun is shining, I have food in the house, hubby's at work, and it's a good day. 

Have a great weekend! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You got it right, Rose. The sun is shining, there is food in the house, hubby's at work and it's a good day. GOD IS GOOD. Hugs. *Barb*

Anonymous said...

There is nothing like a good cry.  I need them regularly to clear out the fuzz in my head.

Anonymous said...

I love your positive attitude Rose.  It shines through your writing.  I love being married, problems and all. My daughter just told me about homecoming dance (ie: I need money mom!) plus she has Jr. and Sr. prom this year, and you know they won't wear a dress more than once, at least mine wont! Y*IKES!
~jerseygirl