Tuesday, October 5, 2004

I am a victor not a victim

So far so good this week.  On Sunday my hubby and I made a decision to really pracatice trusting the God that we have been hanging around waiting to do something in our lives.  We have been beating both our heads against the wall trying to will change in our lives instead of trusting and expecting great things to happen for us.  The really neat thing is that we both have been individually and together asking God for guidance and it's working.  So far so good. 

Yesterday started out ok, but got really mixed up in the afternoon.  Our area is experiencing major growth and it seemed like everywhere I turned I was met with constrution workers.  These guys think they can use both sides of the street, stop and chat in the middle of the road and think that I should just back up when they don't feel like moving.  I refuse and smile and so far they have moved for me.  But it makes me very late.  I even had a 5 year old tell me off.  Not really but the little squirt said, "you are late, miss bus driver"  This kid is Indian and  is normally very quiet.  I tried to explain to mom but I don't think she speaks English as she stands there, smiling and nods.  Oh well, I fixed them I had my route times moved up 15 minutes, saves both my nerves and the school from yelling at me when I am late. 

One thing about getting older and wiser is that I look for the easier way to deal with things.  And although I do like a challenge I would just be satisfied with a nice easy work day and then I can come home and get some work done around our old house.  Sunday we trimmed away a bunch of ugly bushes.  Now at least we can get to the house to paint it. 

Mark has been much happier too.  Makes for a happy home.  And little Dale my stepson caught himself talking back to me.  So I guess there is hope for that kid yet.  Liz is in "love" again so she is happy.  Tim my college boy is coming home this weekend and hopefully he will be a happy boy too, that will make it 5 for 5.  What else can a person hope for???

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like everything is falling into place Rose!  What more can one ask for indeed!  Enjoy the time with your family :-)
~jerseygirl

Anonymous said...

AH yes, life is good, isn't it, my friend? It's too easy to forget how much we need the Lord sometimes. I do alright but then, unexpected things start piling up and I realize yet again, that I was getting in the Lord's way. Big hugs. *Barb*

Anonymous said...

Sounds good to me.  It's hard to keep everyone happy.  I just try to do the best I can do and then throw my hands up in the air and hope for the best!

Anonymous said...

You have such a great attitude! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh that's nice your son is coming home for the weekend. Constuction workers are hot though. LOL I'm glad they fixed your schedules and cute about the kid that never speaks complaining. Have a great day today.