Thursday, October 7, 2004

School Bus StopI

don't know if a day goes by that some moran drives through one of our stop arms.  I had another guy do it this morning.  In the state of Illinois driving through a bus stop sign is a 6 month suspension on your driving rights.  This guy just looked at me with a stupid smile, nodding as he drove through.  I was on a busy street, making sure this kid didn't get run over, otherwise I could have gotten his plates.  A lady last week wasn't so lucky, she lives right where my route is and she was even dumber she not only drove through my stop arm she let me get a good look at her.  EEEECKKKK!!!  What I don't get is this...I have somebody's precious kid in my charge...somebody's kid that means more than anything to them and these people treat us like we are invisible, and that their drive to work is more important.  ISH!  Oh well, enough of that.  Everything else is quite normal, yesterday I opened my big mouth and made a comment to a new girl about one of the trainers going over a curb, clearly NOT on accident, and she told her.  So the trainer confronted me and I said, "yeah you went over the curb, don't make a big deal about it.".  She got mad at me, and made some comment.  Oh well!!!  She should not have done it.  Pop a tire and it's MY tax money.  I really didn't mean anything by it, I was just surprised that the trainer would not wait her turn at the stop sign and went over the curb. I know I said something to the girl because I knew it would get back to this trainer.  I do need to learn to shut up though.  I really am not the curb police, or the "your windows are below the line" police, or the "you're not supposed to idle at the school" police.  My bad.  I'll do better today.  Sometimes I can't help myself.  I get irrated at people that don't think rules apply to them.  I mean mistakes happen, but come on...we actually have made it the month of October with no accidents...I better not jinx us!!! :)

Oh well, I guess I should do alittle housework, I've been trying to catch up on jounals and YOU ALL do know how important that is???  Bye !

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is awful that people are driving past a stopped school bus letting off children...I hope you are reporting them!


Anonymous said...

Yep! I know how important catching up on journals is. That's why I'm here instead of doing morning dishes, cleaning windows, etc. LOL>> This is far more fun and my chores are NOT going anywhere, no matter how much I wish they would. Hugs.
*Barb*

Anonymous said...

Why don't you try to take down their license number and report them.  I know that's probably difficult to do, but it is the law.  And like you said...KIDS are involved!!!

Anonymous said...

People who do that should be arrested and put in jail!!  Every time I hear about some little kid getting hit by a car after he or she has gotten off the school bus I feel so sad. It happened here in Minnesota to a little kindergarten girl about a year ago. Tragic.