Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Ok day, Liz is at opening night for her play.  Because the drama department is so large there will be 2 casts.  She's doing the backstage crew tonight. She will perform Thursday night and Saturday night.  We are attending Saturday night.

One of my alternative school kids, got arrested and won't be back for four months.  Wow, that kid had so much going for him too.  Maybe this will teach him a lesson.  Hard to say.  I am known at work as "the one that could get a rock to talk" and I might say so myself that I have done a great job of getting the "shy" kids to open up.  Two kids moved in the school district within weeks of each other.  One very outgoing and the other very shy.  They didn't realize that  their backyards backed up to each other.  I pointed that out and now they are becoming buds.  It was a trying day though.  Everybody's wound up because of Halloween and the coming full moon.  I swear to that the Full Moon effects people.

So cute at Midday with the kindergarteners.  One little guy from Pakastain asked me yesterday if wanted to try ~ can't remember what he called it ~ but it's some sort of ethnic food from his homeland.  I said sure, so today he hands me a bag!  Inside is 6 or 7 of the yummiest peices of food I have ever ate.  They are some type of wrap that are put around a spicy meat mixture and then deep fried.  I felt so honored to have this child bring me this.  He is the kid that I thought was being bossy at my arrival time.  Come to find out he is simply telling me the time!  He also loves to give me the temp too!  We were talking about holidays, and I said something about Christmas and this little girl named Minha says, "I don't celebrate Christmas I am Hindu!"  Now you would have know something about my little town that is no longer LITTLE.  We used to be strictly a little "one horse" farm town.  But no more!  And I am quite happy about the changes, especially due to the fact that I get to spend time with so many different types of kids and so many cultures.  Talk about opening your mind!  Have a good night, Love Rose

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really nice, warm entry. I can see why kids open up to you. You're certainly in the right place at the right time. Kids these days need to have adults they can look up too. I KNOW you to be one of those. HUGS, and lots of love, Rose. *Barb*