Thursday, September 30, 2004

Mom's birthday

Today would have been my mother's 66th birthday.  She has been gone over 6 years and it seems like yesterday she was here.  I miss her daily and I often wonder why the good die so young.  Granted she abused her body with cigarettes and alcohol finally quitting both 5 years before her death from cancer.  Her death reminds me how valuable and loved I am to my own (sometimes self-centered) family.  My daughter once said to me she never wanted me to die.  I am sure she has wished I would disappear at times, but die ... no.  My mother's unconditional love was always there for us...no matter what me or my 3 younger brothers did she loved us.  I am proud to be her daughter and only wish were here.  She hs taught me well as I am able to open my heart to 5 stepsons and their growing families.

I am now a grandmother to my stepson's little Jacob.  Hopefully if all goes as planned we get to take the little fatboy for a few hours on Sunday.  That kid is so darn cute. 

Happy birthday mom!  I know you are in Heaven with your brother Nick and your sisters Rose and Mary singing Neil Diamond and dancing up a storm.  I love you!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a heart felt entry....there is nothing like a mothers love.

http://journals.aol.com/derasta/ADayInTheLife

Anonymous said...

Hugs to you, my friend. It's tough losing our mothers. When my dad died, I was lost. But when mom died too, I said to myself. "Now, I'm nobody's little girl. " Odd, isn't it? Love you. *Barb*

Anonymous said...

This is very sweet.  I'm sure your mother still watches over you...

Anonymous said...

Oh Rose, this must be a difficult day for you, I'm sorry for your loss.  You sound like the Rock of your family...and they must love you so.  Enjoy them all, even when they get on your nerves,LOL...

~jerseygirl  

Anonymous said...

I miss my grandma Mary, who raised me, desperately. It's been since 1990 and still feels like yesterday.