Thursday, April 14, 2005

Can I get a moment of clarity here!??

I came home before my grade school run to see what Liz was up to and she was a bit upset.  Seems her dear old dad had sent her another letter.  History here: in a nut shell.  I met here day in my former drinking days.  Had my beautiful daughter, which he has chose to see very sporatically for her first 6 years of life and only under supervision.  After my marriage he got married again and moved to Oklahoma.  Never to be heard from until about a year ago.  He feels he should be able to have a relationship with my daughter because he is sorry for what he has done.  9 years of NO contact.  Child support only received because he's daughter slipped and told me where he worked.   He is now on wife number 5 and child number 5.  He divorced and married last year in the space of 6 months.  This is he's view...It's not his fault he didn't write his now deceased 3rd wife ( alcoholism) stole all his important paperwork and he couldn't figure out how to contact Liz.  Even though I have lived in this house for 10 years and had this phone number for 13.  It's also not his fault that he's a drunk and an addict (drugs and sex) he's just made that way.  And according to him God thinks it's a-ok to be that way.  God loves him and tells him what he should and should do.  (I wonder if drugs are involved during that conversation.)  Also, she should have called him (she was 6 afterall), and it's my fault that they lost contact. I asked my daughter to please please slow her contact down with him until she was out of school.  And to understand that just because someone wants to be in a relationship with her doesn't mean it's good for her.  And that biology doesn't make a father.  My husband has been there for her through thick and thin and never ever left.  Sooooooooo....she got mad a year ago and wrote him a pretty blunt letter about how he should stop blaming us for his stuff and why can't he stop cheating and why he continues to have children the last one being just 3????  She hears from him now every few months, birthday, valentines, christmas.  She and I did have lunch with her two half sisters (21 and 22) last spring and the oldest wouldn't come out of the car because she said she was sick. The younger one is honest and loving but she is the one that loves all the wives and ex girlfriends and all the kids. She is the peacemaker the one who always forgives him for all his sins. 

Ok that's the past now today this newest letter states that he, his older daughters, his ex wife (#2), his 3 year old daughter, (I don't think her mother wife #4) and his new wife will all be coming into Illinois for somebody's wedding and he wants to know if Liz wants to attend!  Ish maybe I should go too.  We could be one big happy family!  Except the only problem is that my lovely husband says that he owes Liz's  father is in for a "a$$" whipping from him for all the stuff he's done.  The guy is $10,000.00 behind in child support and I only get $45.00 a week!  I know I should let my daughter make these decisions but I told her that she should never ever put her pearls before swine.  She deserves to have a wonderul HEALTHY relationship will all the males in her life.  And this guy ain't one of  them.  I also told her if it was her half sister getting married I'd go with her, but not a cousin she hasn't even heard of.

Today Liz wasn't upset about the letter or the wedding invite it was the fact that he neglected to tell her in past letters that her older sister had a tumor on her pitutary gland...and in this letter he said, "J is doing better with her tumor now that the meds are working" GOD!  When you want a relationship with someone try writing about important things not how many wifes you can marry and divorce in one year!!  So at least J is doing ok.  She never writes Liz or emails anymore either does her other sister. Just him, and it's always the same...S is getting big, she's in daycare and loves it, oops I divorced my wife, oops I got married again....blah blah blah!  How about I fly (free coupons he works for Southwest) to Vegas, or Florida? 

Must be nice to live in fairy tale land where everything is all rosy and nice.  My point here people is this??? I am crazy????  Is this normal????

I know it's not...it's my reality and my child.  She is growing up and in 2 short years she will be graduated and I am sure she will want to see him out of morbid curiousity..I would if I was a kid.  But I am not I am her mother and my job is to protect herfrom preditors like this man, men who use people in the name of God and continue to create more fatherless children.  Until that day God will grant me the sanity to know what is insane and what is a big old load of B.S.

Thank you guys for listening I feel much better!  Love you!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any time kid. It helps to talk about what is bothering you. We're here to listen.  My kid's dad never calls unless he has a problem. I think he expects his growen children to get him out of trouble. They will talk to him but that's as far as it goes. They know what a looser he is. In fact he sounds like your ex. Married 3 times, 5 kids, and he's a drunk.
Have a great weekend.
hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

It is amazing how people blame everyone but themselves.  You should do what you think is right for your daughter.  One day she will understand completely.  She does deserve to have normal healthy relationships with everyone in her life.  You are a good mother for thinking about all this stuff.  Lots of Love, Nicki

Anonymous said...

I feel for you. I went through the ex stuff too with my daughter, and he is a professional and all, but it's never easy. I hope it all works out for you :)
xoxo

Anonymous said...

My goodness. My heart goes out to your daughter. That must be really hard! SO Glad that she has such a great Mom and Step Dad to help her throguh it!

Kara :)

Anonymous said...

goodness rose! I hope everything works out..so sad when the kids are hurt...my heart breaks for your daughter...