Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Prom

This happy couple is my 20 year old son Eric and his girl friend Tina.  This is from last year's Prom.  The reason for my prom talk is that my darling hubby is actually going to allow Liz to go to Prom this year.  SHOCK!  He was dead against it early because she is only a sophmore.  Her boyfriend Mike is a senior.  The subject came up last night...you know like the stars aliening in the universe...it was brought up at the right time with all the right words.  Actually Liz pleaded her case and won!  I am happy for her.  Because Mike is a senior and if for some reason they aren't dating next year she will never get to go with her first "love". Which I think is sweet.  I actually never went to Prom.  I was a big dork in school.  Shy, awkward.  Hubby on the other hand was popular and sure of himself.  He was actually on both homecoming and Prom court.  ******what no KING???****

So I am very happy for my daughter, BUT now I have to find a dress!  I am excited for my daughter...I don't mind living through her.  Afterall I did marry the guy on the court!

I am a bit edgy and cranky tonight, I went to get Liz after play practice and realized I had a flat after I was two blocks away.  Because I heard the thump thump. Thank God for portable compressors.  But the tire is shot.  So ... I drive hubby to work so I can keep the truck for my doctors appointment tomorrow...which brings me to my crankiness.  The lovely hospital I went to get my mammogram has the Cancer counselor call me...and freaked me out.  I am like, "WHY are you calling me??"  She was sweet and baby voiced.  Saying, oh it's just for if you have any questions.  YEAH why are you calling me!!???.  So my appointment is tomorrow and I will be happy when it's over...I am sure I will get the needle biopsy then my ob/gyn will want any lumps removed.  So I will have to do it in the summer which will mean.. no work, and that will be cool.  I can be off for a while in the glorious summer.  I've done this twice before.   Anywoo I am not too worried it's just a hassle. 

So I'll letyou all know how it goes.  geez I can't believe it's already Wednesday night where did the week go?????????

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rose, your son is a handsome man....and what a pretty girl. I am so glad Liz can go to Prom. Thats such a big deal. I have went thru the whole mammogram/lump/cancer scare thing last fall so i am right there with you sweetie. I hope you feel better.....and i am glad you are safe and the tire didnt blow out!
love, lisa

Anonymous said...

Those lumps that fill the mind with what if...questions, are scary. My youngest sister lost a breast to cancer. I had lumps twice but was blessed in that there was no cancer. Take care of yourself. I hope it turns out all right. Hugs, dear one. *Barb*

Anonymous said...

I so missed my prom.  It is nice to see that it is still a big deal.  I hope they are happy and had fun.  Nicki

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad she gets to go to the prom. I never hear much about proms anymore. I wondered if they still did that.
Please let us know how the appointment goes tomorrow.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

Oh how every girl should go get to go to prom. Im glad her pappa is letting her go!

Good luck tomorrow~~ Kara

Anonymous said...

what an awesome pictue! Prom gown shopping is going to be so much fun!! good luck!!

Anonymous said...

It's a good thing she can go - the poor boy would not have a prom, either!
Good luck on the mammo results!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

I married a prom king.....:-)

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful photo of a gorgeous couple!  :-)

~  www.jerseygirljournal.com