Thursday, April 7, 2005

taxes and other stuff

Mark and I went to our friend who has done our taxes for years last night.  She has know Mark since they were kids.  She and her husband have been married for 30 years.  And guess what??

We finally are getting a refund!

All the IRS will do will apply it to the thousands we owe still from last year, BUT FINALLY!!!  We are getting somewhere.  For a few years I made money from the newspaper it was all 1099 's so no taxes were taken out...and one year I made over $50,000.!! and with the truck business we never had enough to deduct...so anyway it was always a big mess to try and keep the truck running, fueled and licensed to make it worth it....so now we are working for regular old companys that take out taxes and it's a relief!

So today our tax friend called me with the great news.  But she is having problems with her husband so that's sad for her.  I told her to take everything a day at a time and PRAY!!  I feel bad for people that have marriage problems.  I am praying for her...and thankful I have a good marriage.

God is awesome all the time no matter what.

graphic: fotki.com

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yahooo....refund!! we still have to get ours done !!

Robyn <~~~Bit of a slacker when it comes to tax time

Anonymous said...

good news on the refund!  taht's great money with the newspapers! what did you do?  deliver?

~JerseyGirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl

Anonymous said...

Rose, i hope you & Mark buy something special for yourselves or go out to a nice dinner.....i am really glad you get a refund. I am sorry your friend has problems with her husband but you are a good friend and she knows it i am sure. Take care! lisa

Anonymous said...

Hooray for refunds!!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Congrats.!  I'm glad that there are actually people out there, that get a Refund!

God Bless,
TiasNme2

Anonymous said...

congrats on moving up on the tax line.  Lets you know you can breathe in out in out for just a little bit.  Nicki

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you. Things will get better. The tax thing is such a head ach. I could tell you some storys about that.
Eventually you'll get it all cleared up. I did. What a relefe that was.
Hugs R.C.