Saturday, April 2, 2005

Saturday NCAA~ILLINOIS!!

Kinda lazy Saturday.  We did a little yard work, I have a lot of leaves covering my front garden and the tulips are pushing themselves through.  We dug around and alot of my plants are begining their yearly peek out into the sunshine.  We are going to leave the leaves  for awhile for protection it's still barely April and it's there's no guarantee with the weather around these parts.  We still could get snow!

I love lilacs.  I have three bushes but have never had any flowers.  I think I have them in the wrong type of soil or too much shade.  I may move them this year.  Otherwise there are so many bushes around my town that I always find some to pick.  They one of my favorites, along with lavendar.  hmmm I can smell them now!

Matt came to visit.  His fiance' went to a baby shower.  He will be getting married in July and has lived with his fiance's family since he got of high school.  Their home is nearly done being built.  They are very young and really only dated each other.  But I know very well what it's like to be kid.  They have to live their lifes.  I raised Matt since he was 13 and I think he turned out very well.

My son Tim called me from school to tell me happy anniversary.  It was very nice to talk to him.   He tells me that he may be moving in with a friend after he graduates.  Most likely very close to my house    I won't be too upset.  At least he's not 3 hours away like he is now!

Roger Powell

University of Illinois won their game today. Mark wouldn't watch the whole game because he thinks that if he does he'll jinx them, because he hasn't watched a whole game yet.  And they have only had one loss all year. His dad graduated from that school.  He has a lot of family down in southern Illinois where the school is located.  The will be going to the Championship game.  It's very exciting for us.

Liz went into Chicago with her girlfriend Emily.  It's her last 'hurrah' before break ends. Tomorrow we are going to finish painting her room.  Although if Tim doesn't come back home I don't have to be in a hurry.  But I am on such a roll with tossing old stuff and giving away old clothes that I should just keep going. 

I guess I should go see what hubby's up to ...

Hope you all are having a lovely weekend!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are enjoying your weekend and getting things done! Do you think we will ever have summer? I love lilacs and lavender too. My lilacs are huge and flower like crazy! I have no idea why, though.
xoxo

Anonymous said...

I love lilacs too, Rose. They always remind me of some of the earlier years of my childhood. We had lilacs on the sides of our house and gardenias in the front. Boy did it smell good on summer evenings. Reading about your family members reminds me of how far God has walked with us. Hugs, hon. *Barb*

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are having a good weekend. It was nice here today, hubby planted some flowers.
Have a good weekend.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

Cool sounds like a pretty good day to me.  I am hanging out here at my sisters just chillin.  Take care.  Nicki

Anonymous said...

OHHH... I hope spring will make its way to you soon!

Kara :)  

P.S. it was 90 here today crazy huh!!!!