Sunday, April 24, 2005

sunny sunday

I've spent the day being quite lazy.  It's still unseasonably cold with the temp only reaching 50, and the wind makes it very chilly. Nothing like the 80's we had last week.  Oh well this is Illinois the weather is always changing!

Friday I made my appointmen for my biopsy.  I am having it done Friday at 1:30 pm.  They like to do these things quickly which is fine with me.  My May is filled with so much.  We are seeing my favorite Preacher, Joel Osteen, on the 6th, then my sons graduation in Indiana, on the 14, then his party on the 21...which is also Prom, then it will be the end of the month which will mean only one thing....SCHOOLS OUT FOR THE SUMMER!!!~always reminds me of the Alice Cooper song.  But I will hopefully be working this summer, and only part time.  I am so spoiled.

Yesterday we went Prom dress shopping.  We went to the store that we found Liz's Homecoming dress at and they had nothing.  Her homecoming dress was on the sale rack though marked down to $9.00 from $100.00!!!!  Wow! 

But we did find another dress at the Mall, I hate the Mall, but we found a beautiful dress and shoes in the first store.  YIPPEEE!  very painless....makes mom happy!

Ok I am off to put some gas in the truck for work tomorrow...speaking of pain.  UGH gas prices...glad I don't deliver newspapers anymore...I'd go broke!

Have a great rest of the weekend!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's good that you are getting that biopsy over with so soon. Who needs that over her head for a long time?

Cold - and we have a ton of snow here too. It started yesterday morning and hasn't stopped yet at all. It's awful!

I am glad you got the dress over with.  I remember that being quite the chore!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a laid back day.  I love those days.  Geeze do I know what you mean by found it in the first store.  I hate shopping and always hope that I find it in the first store.  Glad its a beautiful dress.  Hope she has a blast.  Nicki

Anonymous said...

I hate the mall's too. I'm glad you found a dress right away. That's always the hard part.
Have a great week.
R.C.

Anonymous said...

We are heading out prom dress hunting, too...

Anonymous said...

it's been along time since i've gotten to read your journal.  
wow what a sell on the dress.
wtg for your son.

back to catching up now.
have a great weekend.
Missy

Anonymous said...

wow a $9 dress what a bargain!  my daughter just got her prom dress too, $250 marked down to $62 and I thought that was a bargain, but you got me beat girl
;-)   doncha just love  a good bargain though?!

~  www.jerseygirljournal.com