Sunday, April 3, 2005

Change those clocks

Mr Sun is out today and it's supposed to be in the 60's with no threat of rain until at least Wednesday. It will make going back to work much easier tomorrow.  It's much easier to get into a semi warm bus than trying to start the giant 10 year old girl in the sub freezing temps.  Less whining on the students part too.

Liz is mad at me.  She thinks she should be able to go out today when I clearly told her she needs to stay in today.  She has been gone most of last week running with her friends. 

I did got her drive some last week.  She needs to complete her 25 hours with an adult to get her license.  I am not in a bit hurry as my insurance will go up.  Her permit is good until May 2006, but I'd like her to get her license sometime this summer which is do-able.  I guess he didn't like her driving instructor.  I don't want her to be too fearful of driving or she will never pass a test.  So we will just keep practicing until she is comfortable.

Otherwise I have a few things to do around the house.  I am actually looking forward to getting out of the house and going back to work tomorrow.  Although the week after next is conferences and we have 2 short days and a day off on the 15th already.  Ick that reminds me I still haven't done my taxes.  They are a big pain.  I have a friend that does them for us, but I have to get all the info together.  At least this will be the last year of the complicated deductions from the old truck businesses.  Thank God for that!

Have a wonderful day.  Enjoy!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rose, Isnt it a joy when we tell the kids no and they are mad? I am being sarcastic. No is the hardest word in our vocabulary i think. I hope you enjoy going back to work tomorrow. I still have to do my city taxes. They are the easiest and the ones i always do last...go figure. Love ya!
lisa

Anonymous said...

yes it's that time of year again to lose an hour of sleep. Luckily most of the clocks in my house set themselves. :)
Have a wonderful Sunday!

Anonymous said...

That must be stressful knowing that your teenage kid will be driving on their own soon.  I can only imagine.  Nicki

Anonymous said...

It's always hard watching our children do new things. But I think knowing they'll be be driving is one that makes all parents the most nervous. I'm glad you're taking time to make sure she's comfortable when driving. You're such a great mom. Hugs, honey. *Barb*

Anonymous said...

I haven't done my taxes yet, either..lol!  

Robyn <~~~~  Bad girl..hee hee...

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad your getting good weather also. It got up to almost 80 today here.
Have a great week.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

Ah yes! Teenagers driving! I've been there, done that 3 times already and survived them all! I just have one more to go. But not only is it important that they are comfortable driving but you will know when they are ready when YOU are comfortable when they are driving. A friend would not let any of her kids drive on their own until she could sit in the passenger seat comfortably and read a book without alarm! Another had their kids drive all the time EVERYwhere. By the time they could drive on their own it wasn't such a big deal and they were pros too. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I wasn't able to keep mine out of the car! Every place we went for a year I let her drive. That is where I got my gray hairs, but by the time she was 16, she got her license and use of a car. I felt confident in her ability and she has been a very good driver.

xoox

Anonymous said...

u had to remind me that i havent done my taxes didnt u?  :-)  as for driving teenagers...i have 2 now that have their licences and one more to go...i set rules and they know if they break them the keys and license will be taken away....they dont seem to mind these rules and have done a great job obiding with them...i am so thankful of that! hope u have a nice evening...

linda
http://journals.aol.com/lindainspokane/LifewithLinny
http://journals.aol.com/lindainspokane/LinnysLuciousLickings