Friday, April 1, 2005

It's no joke it's our anniversary

Today is Mark and my 10th anniversary!  We are planning a getaway for this summer on a weekend which will include the motorcycle :)

Today is also the anniversary of a sad day 7 years ago Mark's father passed away.  It was very sad in that he had lingered in the hospital on life support for a week.  He lived in Montana and at the time Mark worked for the railroad.  He traveled so he was in Arkanas at the time.  It was very hard for him to be so far away.  We did go there for the memorial service, which was very sad but we got to meet so many people that thought the world of Mark's father.  Mark's father and stepmother retired in Missoula (a place his family often spent summers ).  His stepmom is still alive, and she and Mark are very close now.  They share the memories of his dad.  Mark and his father had issues when we first got married.  Mark's dad thought Mark was just drinking his live away.  After we got married I planned a trip to his home over the 4th of July weekend and we visited.  This was such a healing time for Mark and his dad.  It was so wonderful for his father to see him sober and happy.  This would be the last time Mark saw his father.  We all need to remember that.  We are only on this earth for a sort time.  There are no guarentees in this life...we must let our  loved ones know that they mean so much to us....life is a beautiful thing to be cherished and appreciated.  Take care gang!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

A very happy anniverdary to you!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary. I hope you have a wonderful day. What a interesting date for you Anniversary. I didn't even think about it being April fools day. It should be interesting at work today.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs. R.C.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!!!  What a small world it is... I do go to Waubonsee.  I live like two minutes from there, right off of Scott and Harter Road!  Yes, three years... not something I am quit happy about, but I am doing it, and getting it all payed off.... so it's ok!  Well have a wonderful weekend!
Tammy :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!  I'm sorry about your father in law, But glad that your hubby was able to let his Dad know how he felt before he passed on. I lost my Dad and one brother 12 years ago, 5 monthes apart. I saw my Dad for the last time when I went home for my brothers funeral. Though it was a sad occasion it gave me yet another chance to say I love you, to my Dad. I will be forever grateful for that. Have a wonderful night with hubby celebrating your 10 yrs. of wedded Bliss.

God Bless.
TiasNme2

Anonymous said...

How cute that your anniversary is April fool's day!  I'll bet it makes it easy for hubby to remember the date! :)

Anonymous said...

Rose, i wish you & Mark a happy and loving 10th anniversary. Congrats!!!
Love, lisa

Anonymous said...

Oh Congrats!!! 10 years is a great begining! May you have many more to come!!!!

Kara :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you! That must mean you for married on April's fools day? Now that is amazing! I think thats a kick in the pants cool. :o) Your right about life and living day to day. I've certainly had my share of revelations lately and appreciate things more then ever.
Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary,  May you always be together and happy.  Nicki