Saturday, April 9, 2005

sunny saturday

It's a sunny Saturday, and it's supposed to be warm and gorgeous all weekend.  Mark's not feeling well, which is fine, he's at work so I don't have to listen to him whine.  He's not a good sick person.  I think because his ex was so into herself she really did't pay attention to him or his boys.  Because they are all aways whining about headaches and such.  I guess she must of paid attention to them when they were sick.  I am beginning to think  that they all were raised to be a bunch of 2 year olds.  My stepson Matt who is 24 and is getting married this summer, is mad about going back to work at the company my husband works.  The oldest brother Jeremy (who has all my grandbabies) is the one all my stepsons look up to so now all 4 of the boys (and Mark) work for the same excavating company he started at.  Well Matt had a chance to work somewhere else doing what he loved on a machine he loved, but it meant driving farther everyday and working more hours.  So he went back to work with the family and now he's not getting to work on a machine that his brother promised him he could work on.  So he's throwing a big fit.  Ish...at least he didn't quit and go pout.  He's smarter than that and does have the common sense to think his actions through.  I raised him and he did make an effort and high school and after flunking a few classes his Freshmand year he ended up on the honor roll his senior year.  The other kids don't have that.  Jim has pretty much lost his job there because he can't get to work on time and hangs out a bar he works at.  He basically works there to pay off his bar tab.  The 4th son does go to work, but in the beginning he would slack off too.  Oh well...it'll all work out...it always does.  I am glad Mark is working with his boys...most days he is able to give them advise and listen to them vent.  Helps.

Yesterday we got Dale's report from the special ed department at the school he went back to.  Seems Dale is really acting up.  He's had many discipline problems.  AND he had the nerve to tell them he hated that school and never got in trouble here at the school he attended when he lived here.  OH MY!!  When he went back to his mom's he said he hated it here.  Hopefully, he'll just quit and go study for his GED, he's really just wasting everybody's time and his own.  But we haven't heard from him since Christmas.  I am sure he is afraid of what we will say.  But he'll come around...kids always do...

This morning poor Liz got up and my little white cat who loves her, brought her a mouse.  Can't figure out how a mouse would still be hanging around inside while it's  so nice outside.  This cat has been trying to catch this mouse for days.  He starts at my stove and waits.  So today he finally trapped him and after he killed him he brought his 'present' to Liz.  Now that's true love!  At least this cat earns his keep.  With 2 dogs and 4 cats I always look at them and tell them they need to get jobs.  Isn't it funny how pets become part of the family! 

So enough of my venting....I have a lot I want to get done today...inside and outside...so I think I will just go do it!!!  Have a wonderful weekend! 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

that cat is so pretty.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes you just have to let men wine. Sooner or later , thay will stop and most of the time do the right thing. LOL.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

Tell them to put a cork in that whine!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Rose, I hope Mark feels better soon and i sure hope he doesnt drive you bonkers whining. What would men do if we whined and acted like the world was ending every time we felt crappy? They'd starve, smell and be naked. lol.  What did Liz think when the cat brought the dead mouse to her? YUCK!  I am very allergic to cats, therefore, i dont like them. I love dogs though. The animals live better than we do, huh? Enjoy your Saturday, friend.
love, lisa

Anonymous said...

That's what we need around here...a cat to catch mice! Hope Mark is better soon.

Anonymous said...

First of all I want to start by thanking you for the lovely comment you left on my last entry.  Sometimes I just need validation that it is a wonderful thing to be me.  As for you it sounds like God placed those boys with you because they needed someone to look after them that actually cared about their lives and how they grew up.  Sounds like you and your husband have done a good job.  Dale will come around.  He may just need more tim.  Pray about it and let God handle it.  Venting is what these journals are suppose to be about.  Right.  Keep you head up and I hope you get everything done you wanted to get done.  Lots of Love, Nicki

Anonymous said...

I almost forgot.  I hope everyone feels better soon.  Nicki