Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Another day ... another ... you know... doing a - ok today, everybody went to work, Tim still has a headache, but I think he just wants to go back to college, where things are "normal" to him.  It will be his last year at Purdue and boy did the time fly.  I think he is tired of working for so little pay and hopefully he will remember that when he graduates next year and goes out job hunting for real.  Mark feels better too so there less complaining over the two - way radio's from him.  We communicate throughout the day via Nextel direct connect.  Ah the beauty of this age...hit a button and you can communicate to someone miles or hundreds of miles away.  They are nice though because you actually have to listen to the other person talk, before you can...saves fights that way.  You can make comments without the other person hearing...it's actually saved a lot of arguements. :) especially from 2 opinionated people like Mark and I.  I just got a call to work tomorrow.  I am going to monitor for 9 hours, nice though I can ride in a nice (hopefully air conditioned) bus and get paid driver pay.  It's been nice this summer I have worked at least 1 day a week and made a bit of extra money.  Oh boy it will August soon and then starts the training and bidding for routes.  Our school district starts late this year because of the building of new schools.  We have 2 this year, 3 next and I think a couple more after that.  Oswego is no longer a little farm town.  It's becoming a BIG city, with a Target and everything!  Hee Haw maw we're big time...No really I do miss the small town charm Oswego once was.  I have lived her since I was 12.  I still know all the locals as I live 1 block from downtown, but the farmers are selling all their land and subdivisions are popping up everywhere.  Lucky for us we live in "Old Oswego".  No rules, just normal working people with kids, best of all no competition from the "jones" we are pretty basic here.  And I love that.  At least Oswego is still very safe, little crime, helps to have a lot of police, but again I know a lot of them, from my paper route, (got stopped a lot when they were trying to figure out what I was doing driving around on the wrong side of the road at 2 am) and my bus driving job.  That's a plus I wouldn't want to have to worry about my children or myself being home alone.  Oh course crime hits everywhere, it's just not an everyday thing here.

Eric has finally called the Jr College about classes, he also called his dad and made things right.  I am proud of him.  I want the habit of not communicating with your love ones to stop at them.  They both are learning to speak out when they need to and let people know what's on their minds.  I am very proud of Eric, he has a ways to go, but hey he's only 19. 

ok enough...going to take a nice long bath then go out and see how many tomatoes I have growing out there!  I LOVE home grown tomatoes and maybe if I stare at them long enough the will turn red! :)

bye bye !

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well was going to write a lot here but hubby came in and needs something. Neighbor wants to use computer for a sec too. So...hugs, love ya...and will talk tomorrow. Take care of yourself. Wish I could taste some of those home grown tomatoes. Nothing like them. *Barb*