Friday, July 23, 2004

cross roads

              Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
and remember what peace there may be in silence.
As far as possible, without surrender,
be on good terms with all persons.
  Speak your truth
quietly and clearly;
and listen to others,
even to the dull and ignorant;
they too have their story.
  Avoid loud and aggressive persons;
they are vexations to the spirit.
  If you compare yourself with others,
you may become vain or bitter,
for always there will be greater
and lesser persons than yourself.
  Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
Keep interested in your own career, however humble,
it's a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.
  Exercise caution in your business affairs,
for the world is full of trickery.
But let this not blind you to what virtue there is;
many persons strive for high ideals,
and everywhere life is full of heroism.
    Be yourself.
Especially do not feign affection.
Neither be cynical about love;
for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment,
it is as perennial as the grass.
  Take kindly the counsel of the years,
gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
  Nurture strength of spirit
to shield you in sudden misfortune.
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.
  Beyond a wholesome discipline,
be gentle with yourself.
  You are a child of the universe
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
  Therefore be at peace with God,
whatever you conceive him to be.
And whatever your labors and aspirations,
in the noisy confusion of life,
keep peace in your soul.
  With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world.
Be cheerful.
Strive to be happy.

This was sent to me by one of those uplifting email site.  The timing of these is always perfect, exactly what I need to hear at  moment.  My good email friend Barb, sent many of these ecards to me when I was at my lowest point and I have bookmarked and joined these and daily they send me messages.  I also need to thank Barb for introducing me to on line journalling.  I am meeting so many awesome people and the sharing of stuff good and bad in my head really has helped me become a little more balanced.  Anyway I feel like I am at a crossroads again in my life, been here many times in my life.  I look at a crossroad as aconscience place where I can decide to do things my way or trust God to lead me.  Most of the time I just go through life letting things happen and live with the consquences, makes life really difficult, but that way I really don't have to take much responsibility for what happens can always blame the results on somebody else. 

So today I decide to take responsiblity and ask God to help me, mold me and guide me.  I have all these ideas in my head, all these plans, all these list, all these good intentions...but I am never able to get them off the ground by own self will, will power has never worked for me.  And my own will has done very little to get me anywhere.  So on my knees I am asking God to help me, help me with my plans, help me with my life, help me with my relationships.  As I ususally do I have had to feel bad enough to become willing to ask for help from God and then have Him give me the strength to carry out His will for my life.  I am so grateful I no longer have to beat myself into submission to get to this point.  I realize that life is a process for everyone, I am so glad to be like everyone, no better or worse, just a simple human being put on this earth to dobest she can...and for that I humble,am grateful.  Thanks God for listening...signed your loving servant, Rose

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your entry was so uplifiting....thanks for sharing that!

Anonymous said...

Hey! Good Morning, Rose. I always did love Desiderata. SO glad you put it here. Loved your entry today. Isn't it amazing how wonderfully our lives flow when we let GOD fill in the days page, instead of trying to do it myself? I know he has wonderful plans for you, for me, for us all. We just have to let him work and quit trying to help him. Have a nice weekend. Love you. (((Rose)))  Barb*

Anonymous said...

Rose  God will take care of us.  I had the hard lesson of turning things over, I kept wanting them back.  but not now.  I let him have it all.   john

Anonymous said...

beautiful graphic beautiful entry.....
jerseygirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl

Anonymous said...

This was lovely.  Be gentle with yourself. :-)