Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Getting my act together

WildflowersEverybody is getting sick at my house.  Mark and I went to the trailer last night went out for a row boat ride came home and he had a headache so he laid down.  He tends to be overly dramatic when it comes to pain, so I just let him lay down and took my Liz and went for a walk, we got frozen twix bars.  I love walking with my daughter...it's where she shares all her secrets with me.  I value this time with her, soon she will not have time for me, at least until she grows up and has babies then I know she will have plenty of time for me.  I guess I am going through a baby fix.  When Mark and I were out at the camper, we saw this grandma with her grandaughters playing full clothed in the lake.  The 1 year old was having a blast, she was very head strong and keep falling in face first, didn't even stop her from going back for more, her laughs of delight made me giggle.  Can't wait to be a grandma for real!  I found out last night one of the reasons why I don't see Mark's son's boy.  I guess his wife is letting the guy she got pregnant with Jacob (My stepson adopted Jacob right after his birth, was there for the birth)mother be the other grandma.  During my walk I stopped to talk with a neighbor and she works with this other grandma, Tracy brings Jacob over there every weekend.  Wow, I guess maybe I am too normal for this whole thing, or maybe I am not pushy.  Who knows?  All I know it explains a lot.  Jeremy's mom (Mark's ex) is very pushy with Jeremy and Tracy's life and how they live it, so I guess they really don't have time to add another person.  I was hurt for a while but now that I know the facts I can deal with this situation, besides everything always works out for the best.  At least that's been my experience.  There will be more grandkids and more time to be with them.  I am over this whole thing, I just find it very odd that Tracy would still include someone who really isn't part of this kid's life, unless she was already close to this lady which is possible.  I just feel bad for the other grandma, because I know she is already trying to compete with Mark's ex and I learned a long time ago the competition isn't worth it and you can't buy a kid's love.  I just continue to be me and not sweat the small stuff.  Ah I feel better now.

Going to get some stuff done, the girl that enrolled me in my home based biz called me this morning and gave me a pep talk to here I go!  Loves....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I treasure those private talks you have with your kids...they have so much trust in you as their mother and also feel like we're their friends too....those are amoung my favorite memories

Anonymous said...

Hey, Rose.. Our youngest child, who is 30 now, shared the most when we walked together. I treasured those times. Hugs. *Barb*