Thursday, July 8, 2004

hey there

Hey there I am feeling so happy today!  Put out flyers on mailboxes for work to get the word out about the school district wanting to subcontract out our jobs.  Felt like my paperboy days...I delivered newspaper for 6 years and the memory of that felt a-ok, but would not want to go back to that job!  NO days off and NO sleep, I was a crabby witch EVERYDAY!  Gotta get the word out to the community...I love my job and would not want to lose all my benefits and pay or those awesome kids.  God will take care of it.  Like today my stepson, Dustin was missing.  He is the one that has always been babied by Mom and Dad, he and I really never have gotten along because he thinks I am too strict, he is one of two that I have never raised.  He decided he didn't feel well so rather than go to work he went to the train station and took a nap.  He works with my Mark and his brothers for a construction company.  They found him 5 hours later.  Wow and I thought Mark was worried when the dogs went missing!!  But logic won out.  Like with the dogs, who we knew wouldn't go too far, because one of them is too fat, not that Dustin is fat, but if he had been in an accident someone would have called his mother.  It is so comforting to know that God is truly watching out for my loved ones and I don't have to be on "duty" constantly worrying about them.  AMEN!  God is so awesome!  Mowed the lawn and really felt like I did something today! ***ME***

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah Rose, It is good that Dustin was found. God really is on "duty" all the time. Still, it's hard for mothers to remember that. Mowed your yard? That IS an accomplishment. We moved into a 55 + apartment complex so no longer have to worry about that part of life. I didn't mow the yard but DID manage to get some more boxes emptied out and some sent to Goodwill. Think of you often. Hugs, love & prayers. *Barb*