Monday, July 12, 2004

FEELING MUCH BETTER

I am feeling so much more hopeful and better.  Got up and took the dogs for a long walk, I MISS MY WALKS!!  Walking has always been my escape, even as a little kid I used to close my eyes and see how far I could walk.  And when I  was a single mom working for the most boring office job ever, I would walk at lunch time.  I called it my sanity hour.  I am making a date with myself to walk everyday. 

Then did some errands.  I had to borrow money from my Eric, as our check probably won't get here until tomorrow.  Thankfully I have good sons who so willingly help me.  But that's the circle thing because as Mark says I baby my children.  So what if I do I am  their mother.  I really don't baby them too awful bad, beside Mark should talk I really baby him.  Then I pulled some weeds and finished mowing the grass.  When I was out I got some primer our poor old house needs paint so bad.  Our house was built in 1860, and I love this old house...it needs work, but it's so comfortable and it's home.  Boy it's getting hot too, a good old July summer with humidity and everything!  We had a nice weekend.  Matt took Mark golfing and then we went to the trailer.  There was only one other family there so we had the place to ourselves.  We are pretty boring though mostly slept.  Gotta get a fishing pole so we can at least do that.  I am going to plan a family picnic for this summer, get all the kids together without their mother.  I am tired of always having to visit Mark's kids with her either "popping in" or already there.  Ugh must be pitiful to not have a life that you have to run your kids lifes too!  I hope I don't get like that.  Don't think I will because I am looking forward with my alone time with Mark.  We have never been alone, always kids here there and everywhere.  But that's ok.  Remembered to watch my favorite TV preacher last night, it was the last 5 minutes of the sermon, but I got the idea,  YES GOD I GOT THE POINT!!  God wants to open His blessing to us but we must believe we deserve them...and be open.  Said a prayer to be open.  I am trying very hard to stay out of the mood I have been this past week, all depressed and sleepy,but maybe I just needed to be feeling that way to save up my energy for today, July 12...an awesomeday in the life of Rosemarie Gossett...today is what I make it and it is grand.  Loves..Rose

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Today is what I make it and it is grand." That says it all, Rose. Truly. No matter what is going on in our lives WE determine what kind of day it will be. So proud of you. I know it gets tough with family problems, financial problems and those unexpected things that pop up. Still...you manage to hold it together. God is such a help isn't HE? Without Him my life would be...well, I don't even want to think about it. Love you. Keep the attitude you got going. Love it. HUGS, my friend.
**Barb*