Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Round 2

Man oh man what a difference a few hours can make...do you ever wonder about mankind??  I have over the past 1 1/2 years worked on and off on a home based business that I try and mainly do over the internet.  It's a directing marketing health and wellness company and I am in love  their products as I have always tried to live healthy.  Anyway, beside the point what gets me is that people ask for more info about working from home and they get ticked off when you try to give it to them.  I went to a meeting in Chicago a few weeks back and listened to a very successful couple speak and they said that our biggest obstacle is fear...people fear going outside the box.  They fear change.  I am finding that to be true.  Most people do not even consider doing anything different than what they do on a daily basis...that is get up, eat their bagel, have their starbucks, dump the kid's in day care and go to the 9 to 5, leave work, pick up Mickey D's and head home for some quality time with the family... It reminds me of sheep...let's all follow each other, be the same and do what's safe.  I guess I just needed to blow off steam.  I just need to get over being yelled at by 2 different woman that thought what I had to say to them would some how hurt them.  Ok I feel better...I really need to blow off that steam or I would let affect how I talked to others...and I really don't want to take out my frustration on some innocent person.  Oh well, I should be used to this, when I was doing phone calling for a charity I used to get yelled at too.  I need to try and not take it personally, after all...I know I am doing what I believe and I need to be respectful of what others are doing and living even if I don't agree...live and let live...ok bye I feel better.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It all comes down to those few words, "Live and let live." Not easy to do but necessary. Oh but you've grown so much since we first became friends, Rose. I'm so proud of all you've accomplished for yourself. And I'm proud of myself too. Of course we know WHO made it all possible, don't we? The Lord. *Hope your day is a great one. Love you much. *Barb*

Anonymous said...

Not everyone is going to react in a positive manner and we just cant take those things personal....I know sometimes thats hard to do...I had to learn that when working in customer service!