Monday, July 26, 2004

Monday, Monday

Watching Oprah...she just gave a million dollar wedding to a couple.  They started out with 6 couples and they had to go through all kinds of questions by experts and then the audience voted for the winner.  It was pretty cool.  I started watching Oprah again when she got off her spiritual quest...don't get me wrong I like spirituality and all but she was so over the top that it turned me off.  Now she is much more interesting and I mean you still get the message that she likes to help people, she just doesn't seem like she's so awesomely spiritual.  That brings me to another point, how much money is enough money?  Movie and sports stars all are looking for ways to make more...like Michael Jordon (We are a Chicago Bulls family)...they have so much money and these big time sports guys are always promoting so much stuff.  And these rap stars their videos are nothing but women shaking their rears...ick...I wonder when we will finally gets some morals back in this country.  I know the morals start at home, but people have so many influences on them now a days...no wonder poor kids today are so crazy they have way more input then I did growing up...makes you wonder...

I didn't mean to get on my soap box...that was just my random thought process today...I have to get out of the house today and do some mailings I am trying some new advertising for my home biz and I have to get the information to Tim's school for the financial aide.  That kid's college education will cost more than my house when he gets done.  I just hope he finds a job worthy of him and doesn't just settle.  Speaking of settling we try and watch a church program called Lakewood Church they are based in Texas and the preacher really speaks to Mark and I...well last night it was my turn to be "spoke" to.  He talked about how God wants us to have the best and we shouldn't settle for "just good enough".  We need to strive to be the best and then we will receive the best, therefore able to help others do the same.  Just saying the words and turning off the negative thoughts will release this power from God in our lives.  I am doing this and behaving like I already have accomplished my goals...I have a very bad habit of being defeated even before I start then I do nothing.  I just settle for what is already going on in my life ...   I know I am capable of more...God will guide me...I will do the rest...

Whelp, here's to an awesome productive week...feels like fall here, but we expect 80's by the end of week...best to all..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Rose, how are you? Great soap box speech. I don't mind them. I learn a lot from the speakers, Sounds like you're on the ball and that God is running the show. Awesome! Hardest part for me was asking Him to help and trying to help him do his job. Once I got the hands off part down pat..the rest? Well, it was a piece of cake. Living as if we've already accomplished our goals is a great way to improve the quality of our lives. I think too many of us settle. That leaves us living with less than God wanted us to have.  Hugs & love always. *Barb*

Anonymous said...

Speak as this is a place to vent.  Sometimes God brings people into our lifes or events into our lifes to shape and mold us.  It is the willingness to accept this that makes us what we are.  Acceptance will bring peace into the heart and will open our eyes  john

Anonymous said...

That's an interesting point you bring up about money...and I feel less value should be put on that and should be focused on more important things in life b/c what really matters is the people you love ...and the acts of kindness towards each other...