Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Attitude of Graditude

I really am trying not to be such a downer in my journal today.  The world we live in has really been showing it's ugly side lately.  A child shot his fellow classmates, a family fighting over the end of woman's life, a madman creeps into our very homes and steals and murders our innocent children from the very safety of her own bed.  I woke up in fear and I was really pissed off...especially after for the 10th time the hose to my washing machine leaked and over flowed a bucked and flooded my dining room carpet.  One of these days that machine is going to just crash through the floor into the basement.   I started to get into the fear of old....lack, need, want...I started to get angry at God because I married a man who is so spoiled that he thinks that because he works he can nod at the bills and then do what ever he wants because he feels like he has gone without long enough. I guess it takes all these big horrific events in the world to make me realize my problems are itty bitty compared to the worlds.

Today I am going to count my blessings...be grateful.  Be glad that I have a family, a job, a home, and a God that loves me NO matter how bad I act!

I am so grateful I have a husband that loves me and no matter his faults really tries to grow in our marriage.

I am grateful I have 5 stepsons and 2 sons that are becoming wonderful men.

I am grateful for my two grandbabies.

I am grateful for my little drama queen...

Last night Liz showed me this pictures she got off her Theater Groups website.  Her's my little girl (check out the haircut that I bragged about in a previous entry), she's supposed to be 8 months pregnant in this play and to tell you the truth it freaked me out...but she played the part to the hilt!

This next picture is of the whole group discussing their father's estate.  She sitting on the couch near the audience.

u

And I am grateful they all love me!

I have to remember the good in the world not the sad and the bad...we all learn from the tragic happenings of the world around us.  The school shootings, the children murdered before their time, but we must try every day to be a benefit, to be a positive light in the darkness that threatens to destroy all that is good in this world.

        WE MUST ALL LOVE EACH OTHER!!! 

               I LOVE YOU GUYS &

          THANK YOU FOR BEING HERE

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, those are such cute pictures of your daughter in the play.  You are right, we have to focus on the positive since there seems to be so much negativity in the world.  But if we spent all our time thinking about the world's problems, we wouldn't be able to face even getting out of bed in the morning!

Anonymous said...

Hi Rose:

I was thinking the same things last night about how scary and evil people are becoming in this world.  All i could think of was how heartbroken our Heavenly Father must be to see his children doing such wretched things. I pray all day long and beg the Lord to keep my family safe and to help me listen to the Holy SPirit to warn me of any dangers.  Just pray my friend and stay close to God and he will protect you and your sweet family!

Much love... Kara :)

Anonymous said...

Rose, great pics! Dont worry about being a downer...you tell me all the time that that is what we are here for...to listen to each other and let it all out! You are so loved and that is wonderful. We all do have so much to be grateful for and its easy to take it for granted. Liz looks great in those pics!
Love, lisa  :)

Anonymous said...

ahh thanks for making me take a sec to do the same.
it easy to love the kids when they are all asleep.

lol
Missy

Anonymous said...

You have a lot to be thankful for :)
xoxo

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean. I watched the news tonight. It was really depressing. There was a riot in one of the prisons today. A woman was raped and tided to her stering wheel. Another women was tied up and beaten by her husband.
Yep, your right sometimes we need the reality to make us see just how much we have. Like people who love us. Thanks for writing this entry. I needed to know I'm not the only one who gets to feeling like this.
Hugs. R.C.