Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Last night Liz and I went to our local Walgreens.  There's a girl named Anna that rides my bus and we always tease each other about going to Walgreens because they have everything and it's always on sale.  Even one of the kids there told me I should get a job.  EVEN the recorded subliminal recording says that Walgreens is a great place for "older" folks to work because you get a DISCOUNT!!!

Their ad had Easter stuff on sale so Mark picked out what he wanted us to get Dakota and Jacob for Easter.  WE bought this huge blue rabbit, and a duck that is a puppet and it quacks...ah noisy toys a grandparents sweet sweet revenge.  We bought some other little things like a plastic truck and some bubbles.  NO candy though...Mark said his ex likes to sugar up the kids....I don't care if I am known as the non candy giving grandma...I never let my kids eat alot of candy when they were babies and 20 months is too young for all that candy. 

So it was a fun time...although Liz was a bit pouty.  She's not the baby anymore...plus her boyfriend is going on Vacation tomorrow and she's sad...Ah young love ... just too cute.  But that's good he's going to be gone ... that daughter of mine is mine next week.  I have  closets of old stuff from my kids growing up that I need to get rid of, plus some old furniture.  Who need all those old school papers anyway?

We have a online site here in my area call http://freecycle.org/ and you can give away all your old stuff rather than toss it.  You can join a local group and get notices of stuff that people want or what they are offering .  Very eco consious.  Good for mother earth.

Plus we need to finish painting her room.  And clear out the bedroom for the big boy he'll be graduated before I know it.  April is a pretty clear month for me...but May the fun begins.  Besides...I am looking forward to summer of camping and riding the motorcycle...::::sigh:::: can't come too soon.

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, a grandparents 'revenge.'  I recall getting a few things I thought the grandchildren would love. No drums! See, I wasn't too bad. We just got the lawnmower that makes all kinds of racket; things like that. PLUS they WERE outside toys. lol  Take care. I'm off and runnning. Lots to do today. Love you.
*Barb

Anonymous said...

Rose, i have not bought one thing for my kids yet and no food yet either. I have been up 25 hrs straight....very tired. I am so far behind!! My husband, Rick, has 2 Honda motorcycles....his dream is to own a Harley. He loves to ride...he rides in those Toy for Tots runs....
Have a good Weds!
Love, lisa

Anonymous said...

I used to love making up my daughter's basket with almost no candy. We found great little things.
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hi, My first time here, and I wanted to thank you for the kind words you left at my journal. It means a lot and I will be back to yours soon. ~ Carlette~

http://journals.aol.com/carly0042/MYQUITCORNEROFTHEWORLD

Anonymous said...

How funny , I'm going to walgreens today before I go to work. I'm not doing candy this year either. Kids just get to much candy these day.
Hugs. R.C.

Anonymous said...

cool harley graphic Rose!