Saturday, March 19, 2005

sunny saturday

Mark was up on the roof top this morning taking down the very old Christmas lights that have been up since Jim was in high school...he graduated in 1999!  And he calls me over and says "you've got stuff coming up!!"  Yep!  I've got the first tulips popping up!  That certainly means what every person around j-land has been hoping for ~~~ SPRING~~~~!!!  As I have said in the past I have what is called a city lot, which is really a 1/2 lot.  I live on a corner in the old part of town.  Most of the homes were built in the 1800's ...so we are blessed with old Maples.  Stately grand old men who watch over our little slice of heaven.  I am about 2 blocks from downtown Oswego, which is trying to survive the mass of strip malls and super stores that are moving into the area.   I live 1 block from 2 of my favorites, the Dari Hut which is a hambuger/ice cream shop and  Elmer Fudge which sells all the old fashion candies...rock candy, dots, mallow cups...and candy by the scoop...yum!  And of course home made fudge.  The poor woman barely survives...my community trying to revamp downtown hope it is successful!

Anyway, my front yard has 2 grand king crimson maples, which kill all the grass....so a few years ago we just planted hostas, ferns, impatients, ivy (which I am training to grow up my Maple) and any other shade lovers I can find.  This place is my therapy...my peaceful place.  And my dear hubby and children add to my place by picking out lovely gifts of a bird bath, a lawn bench and a fairy I call Violet after my mother....ah God's gift to us...FLOWERS!!!  And plants!!!

SPRING has sprung folks the birds announce it every morning....go out and enjoy.

We're going to see the grandbabies today...Dakota is already 3 months old, and Jacob is a big boy at 22 months. 

Have a wonderful weekend all!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spring brings hope eternal, doesn't it? Still waiting for the snow to melt here.
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Your yard sounds like it is going to be lovely! can't wait to see pics once everything comes up!

Robyn

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the babies!!!!  Glad to hear spring is on its way for you!

Kara :)

Anonymous said...

Your special place sounds like mine. I love birdbaths and flowers, fish ponds, bird feeders, and any other thing that makes being outdoors fun.SPRING arrived? Hooray ! Have fun with the babies. Hugs. *Barb*

Anonymous said...

Your lot does sound like a slice of heaven. So does that candy shop. LOL.
Have a great weekend .
Hugs R.C.