Tuesday, March 8, 2005

brrrrrr still freezing

Ok weather fans it's still freezing here in the midwest!  Low's tonight dipping into the brrrrrrrrr chill teens.  I still have my long johns out!  We decided at work that the reason everybody is still 'not well' is because it's so darn cold.  And folks I am the type to NOT complain when it's hot!  Hot does not bother me.  So when the weather finally does warm up you will never hear a complaint outa me.  We don't even have air conditioning in this old house!  And believe me it can get very hot here in Illniois.  The summer that I was pregnant with Liz  it didn't rain the whole summer and the temperature was over a 100 a few times.  That was quite a summer. 

My daughter got mad at me tonight because I wasn't there when she was ready to come home from play practice.  I had the radio on and was singing to some 80's tune and didn't hear my phone ring. I was on my way, but I have learned to add time onto the time they say they will be done, the last week is always crazy and I am NOT going to sit in my car and wait for hours for her.   She was like "MOTHER"!!  Where were you????  Ish!  Kids!  But I am sure she will turn the tables on me soon enough.  Although I doubt it she pretty much loves her freedom and saw what rule bending did for her brothers...she doesn't like to get grounded especially from the computer.  It's always nice as a parent to know where a kids soft spot is!

Anyway, tomorrow is Mark's last day for sure at the Mail place they found him a replacement.  He has some things around here to keep him busy, for instance the village is getting testy about the Peterbilt (semi) in the driveway, and he really needs to find a place in the public eye to sell it.  He has some ideas.  Otherwise he can take over the housewife duties for a few days I am pooped.  I had him trained and everything!!  Used to come home to supper and the dishes done!

Time for bed...night all!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I have had enough of the cold, too. I love the heat and never complain once it warms up - let's hope we get a chance to stop complaining soon!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

I don't envy you the cold. It still gets chilly here at night but not to bad during the day . Yep, ya need to sell the Peterbuilt. Yep, kids are a pain sometimes.
Have a great day.
Hugs. R.c.

Anonymous said...

Rose, its 19 degrees here in Ohio also. I have had enough of this, let me tell ya. I am glad Mark will be home. I bet hes happy too. I like the heat and summer but i dont like it when its super hot..the humidity is what makes a person nuts. Are any flowers coming up yet where you are? Some of mine are just breaking the ground. Thank Goodness!!
Take care my friend!
lisa  

Anonymous said...

DOnt ya just feel like a taxi sometimes lol!  It wont kill them to wait a little bit hehehe :)  im sure you wait on her plenty hahaha

Kara :)