Saturday, March 5, 2005

Happy Weekend

It's a nice relaxing, lazy Saturday...enjoying the boredom...I remember telling my kids when they were bored during summer breaks from school ... just enjoy the boredom!  I use these days to recharge, relax and just generally chill out!  Plus you couldn't tell it was March already...still too cold!

Mark's talking to his stepmom on the phone right now, she lives in Montana.  She has health issues, basically her back.  She's been recovering from a couple of operations.  She's fortunate to have a very nice lady that takes in older folks to let them rehab there.  I am just glad she doing ok, Mark's real mom died in 1973, and his father died almost 7 years ago.  I always say appreciate your folks they grow old quick...plus with Mark's mother she died suddenly after gallbladder surgery and had a heart attack...Mark was only 18 and he never really got over it.  Being married to me has helped because I take such good care of him!!!  :)

I just wish Mark's kids would get a clue!  The youngest is working on failing out of high school, weekly we get notices that he is skipping classes.  He is the product of a mother who allows her children to do what ever they want.  She simply says he's 18 and he's an adult.  But I have learned the best lessons in life are learned the hard way...so hopefully Dale will get it.  It took us until the 7th kid to let go and let God, but hey at least we learned that we can't control certain things in life...they are going simply work out the way God planned them.  We can't live our kids lifes, we can't feel their pain and we can't protect them from all the bad experiences in life...who's to say if we had raised Dale since he was younger he would have turned out different...we all have our paths to walk ... he's just picking a rough one.

Ok enough...hope you all have a wonderful Saturday!

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just read your entry and you have no idea how much this entry has helped me. You can say that God used you to talk to me. I have been having a very tough time with one of my children. Thank you for sharing.  

Anonymous said...

One terrific entry, my friend. It's tough being a parent these days. But you have it right. We can't live our kid's life or protect them from life's experiences. God is, after all, the best parent. We can trust HIM to watch over our children; IF we let go and let hin do it. Much love. *Barb*

Anonymous said...

Great thoughts... we all have our freeagency... sometimes we do not always use it wisely though :(

Kara

Anonymous said...

I dropped out of school and I had a good mother. I learned the rough road. Having to go back to nursing school with two small children at the time and no money was a nightmare. The easy way always turns out to be the hard way in the end. I tell my kids over and over and I say it so much they are getting sick of it..."What ever mistakes you make from ages 14 to 20 you will pay dearly for the rest of your life."

But it's trueeeeeeeeeee.


So very sad about your hub losing his mom so young. It's hard losing a mom at any age..but that is a big wound. You're a wonderful women and he is a lucky man

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the boredom. I don't get that much but I sure do enjoy it when I can.
Have a great weekend.
R.C.

Anonymous said...

What an excellent entry. I needed to read this!

Anonymous said...

I can relate to difficult adult children! Good luck!
xoxo