Monday, March 7, 2005

wah!!! It's too cold!!!

I am sorry that I am whining so much about the weather, but I am sick of it!  It's now a cold 30 and will be going down to 15 tonight with 20 to 30 mile an hour winds.  Ick and Ick and more ick!!!  I know it's only March 7th, but enough of the winter already.  Makes this girl want to move to warmer place much sooner than expected.  But alas, I am here for now :::::SIGH:::: deeply!

On a positive note, Eric (middle son) will be coming home this weekend to visit his college buds that will be home on break so I at least get to see him will he comes-to from sleep.... long enought to shower and head out to "play".  The big boy Tim will be here also, and that will be nice.  Hey !  I have a great IDEA I am going to take a day or two off from work next week...no sense waiting until I get sick...hmmm wow I am so brillant!!  Something you all have been telling me to do 4-ever!! 

Just a normal day here, work, Liz is at play practice her big show is Friday.  She places a sister among four who are fighting over their parents will, also did I say she plays a girl who is 9 months pregnant and smokes and drinks!  ???  NICE!

She is also trying out for the musical at school which is about Dr Suess...I told her she should enjoy her high school days ... and participate as much as she can ... they pass by so quickly not to.

Her boyfriend is such a sweetheart.  He took her to practice, he never cares that she talks to other boys, and he even has a hard time talking in front of my husband and he takes her to church!  He is a very nice boy and comes from a nice family.  At least my kid learned from her mother to not settle for bums and not chase guys that hate woman (girls).  She did like a very troubled boy in Junior high...he broke up with her at her play practice and then said, "just kidding" this after she sobbed over him for days...I told her to tell the kid to hit the road, she did.  After that she liked another problem child...who I caught her kissing in front of the public pool (hubby doesn't know about this scene, he just didn't like the kid) that kid went away too.  I know this current boy is very nice, plus she is 16 and much more able to handle herself.  I've educated her since she was very young about love, sex and being in "love".  She's a smart cookie and we TALK that's what seems to be lacking in teens today.  No parents to listen to them or discipline them.  All the rest is her lifes journey.  I'll always be here for here, but she is separating from me more and more everyday. She wants to go to junior college after she graduates in 2007, which is a-ok by me...she's my BABY after all!

Time to clean up before I go get my drama queen.  Mark's last day is Wednesday so I get my HUBBY BACK then!!!  Wow it should be an exciting weekend!!

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you see that I linked your entry to mine a few days ago after Ilifted your graphic?  I wanted to thank you again for being nice to me...

Anonymous said...

Hey, it's hard not to whine when winter lasts so long. I'd be saying ICK too. Taking a day off? It's about time, hon. You work so hard; always busy.  *How wonderful that your daughter's boyfriend is so NICE!  That's always such a relief. *Have FUN with hubby this weekend. Love you. *Barb*

Anonymous said...

You can whine about the weather all you want. I'm ready for spring myself!!! You have quite the actress on your hands over there. 9 months prego, smoking and drinking, wow, now thats a part!
Take Care
Rebecca

Anonymous said...

You go right a head and whin all you want. I hate the cold too. We've had a fairly mild winter. That just means it's gonna be really hot this summer. I don't like that either.
Sounds like you have quite some daughter. I'm happy for you. I'm sure you taught her well.
Have a great week.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

I remember beeing that age and dealing with boys and dating... it is so hard!!! I can't even imagine what teens today go through. SOunds like youre a great Mom though ROse!!!

Much Love... Kara :)

Anonymous said...

I am sick of winter too!
Good luck with the daughter. Been there, done that.
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Rose, this weather is something huh? On Sunday it was 58 here...today it is 18. Depressing! I am glad you are taking extra days off and i am glad the kids will be around. You are such a good mom.....these teen years are sure scary. Not just for the teens either but us parents too. Take care, friend!
lisa