Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Tuesday

 

Got off work at 1:00 today so it's nice to be home this afternoon.  Doing some laundry and vacuuming...you know normal stuff.  Liz has play practice. 

Mark is back to work at his regular job.  He seems to appreciate this job now, he even said he doesn't mind driving in traffic with all the crazy's.  Answer me this though people what on earth are so many people doing on the roads at any given time during the day.?  I am on a busy highway at noontime, and I can understand people going out for lunch.  BUT all day???  And why or why are they always on their cell phones??

Thursday is a pot luck day at work and I got "volunteered" to make the Corn beef and cabbage...actually a short, chubby sweetheart named Rosie ask me.  I am just going to start it in the morning and bring it in at midday.  I am not a big fan of corn beef...but I am a fan of Rosie's so I am in.  Beside I am real slacker when it comes to bringing in goodies....I am not "poor" anymore...(which I never was, just money challenged) so it's the least I can do...like I said before these people will use any excuse for food! 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rose, i bet you are a good cook. I dont like cabbage though....well, actually it doesnt like me. lol.   I am also vacuuming and housework. It never ends. I hate to vacuum. Glad to hear Mark is back to his normal job. I was just thinking to myself yesterday that there are so many people talking on cells as they drive. I dont own a cell phone. We are having a potluck at work Friday night...i get to bring the baked beans. (Cant ruin beans). Have a happy Tues night!
Hugs, lisa

Anonymous said...

I remember growing up back in the 80's and you never ever saw traffic except for rushhour times of day...and there wasn't a car on the roads on sunday. You could play freezbee on the friggin highway. I remember making my boyfriend give me piggy backs in the middle of the road and laying down and kissing. Now...whether it's 2am 4am or daylight that road is never without a thousand cars. Where did all the people come from?

Anonymous said...

These days, traffic just plain sucks!
I often wonder where everyone is going.
xoxo

Anonymous said...

I work on a nursing unit, and man when any type of food is around, people from all over the hospital come running...anything beats eating in the cafeteria..lol!!

Anonymous said...

I have the same question about traffic. No matter what time I go to work or come home there is always a lot of traffic. Where are these people going?
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

mmmmmm...corned beef and cabbage........yummmmm

Anonymous said...

LOL!!! Dont' ya just LOVE potlucks! Funny thing is the poeple that dont bring anything always eat the most LOL!!!  Good Luck!

Kara :)