Monday, March 14, 2005

my day off

On my day off I did this so far:

Got up took Liz and Monika to school...of course I had to drive by the Junior high right when my sub was dropping off "my kids".  It was Sam (a girl) so I know she did a great job today with my "kids".  It's so weird I am like that with my school kids and my job...but I take pride in both.  Even kids I had last year steal smiles and waves at me when they get a chance.  I feel so blessed to be doing my calling in life, makes a person feel appreciated.  And Sam is an awesome girl she is only in her 20's, she's got 2 kids, and is a sweetheart.

Then I took a nap, at 7:30 this morning!  Got back up at 8:30, got Eric out of the house so he could to work.  Mark was home today too, so he, Tim and I went out for breakfast at NOON! 

Then we came home and laid around watching MTV with Timmy while Mark was on Ebay looking for motorcycle rims for the Harley.  He can get the rims for like 1/3 of the price they want at the shop.  Cool!

Now I am reading journals, and doing some laundry.  I only have to go out to pick up Liz's show choir outfit at the cleaners and get a few things at the Walgreens..

So far it's an awesome day off~just what the doctor order!

Tomorrow is a half day so I'll end up working until 1:00 but that cool...the temperature is sllllllllooooooooooowly warming up to a not so freezing 40 degrees!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds as if you are having a really good day off. Thats wonderful. Thats how day off should be. (Instead of the total Chaos that is the norm. on a weekend.)
We also are enjoying temps. almost hitting the big 40. It's funny how now a day in the 40's sound and feels warm.

God Bless.
TiasNme2

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Im glad you are having an nice and relaxing day!  ENJOY!

Kara :)

Anonymous said...

It was about 28 degrees here today with lots of sun. Cold wind. I am glad you had a good day off. I am glad you had a nap. Funny how a small nap can help so much sometimes. Ricks dream is to own a Harley someday. He has 2 Honda's. Have a great night!!
lisa

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had a good day off. You desirve it. Enjoy.
Hugs R.C.

Anonymous said...

Aren't day off's wonderful, Rose? I'm not working any more but haven't forgotten how I looked forward to a day off. Take care hon. *Barb*

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your down time! Still way too cold here.
xoxo

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad those kids have you. I remember how important the school bus driver was....she really could make your day or make you miserable!